cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaluckb
Routine Member - Level 1

Default Expense Type - International Transaction Fee

Our team members routinely have international transaction fees charged when using their corporate card on a foreign trip.  These charges obviously have no receipt and import directly in to Concur under the Vendor Name "International Transaction" regardless of the origin of the charge/service purchased.  This then defaults to expense type "Booking Fee" for all of our employees, which is incorrect. Is there a way to direct vendor "International Transaction" to  default to expense type "International Gain/Loss" for the entire company?  If yes - can that default be locked so that users cannot change it?

Appreciate any help!

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kaluckb The Expense Type field cannot be locked. If the vendor for these always comes in as International Transaction, you could try to create an audit rule that says: If Vendor Name Equals International Transaction AND Entry Expense Type Not Equal to International Gain/Loss. Set the rule to a 99 level exception and this will cause a hard stop and not be allowed. 

You would need to test this with a test user first. Also, very important, when creating the audit rule, you will see a Vendor and Vendor Name option. Do not choose Vendor, you will need to use Vendor Name. 

Give it a try and let me know if it works for you.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Kaluckb
Routine Member - Level 1

@KevinD   If I understand correctly, the first step would be to change the Vendor Name to default to a specific Expense Type, yes?  How do I do that?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kaluckb actually no. I believe @MelanieT provided a little more explanation. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Kaluckb The audit rule would be to make sure that if the Vendor Name is International Transaction, and if the Expense Type is not International Gain/Loss, then it will hard stop the user from submitting the report.  Once they change the expense type to International Gain/Loss, then that would clear the exception.  Let us know if you have more questions!

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator