cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KimH
Occasional Member - Level 1

Custom Field - uploading file

Hi, I'm new to Concur and we're in the process of rolling-out to all staff, having used a few 'guinea pigs' to help us get to know the system.

Question I have is regarding uploading files to update the Custom Field for Departments/Projects:

Can we delete project codes which have finished and no longer being used in claims or should we keep them on the system?  Will deleting any result in causing problems with claims already posted?

Many thanks

Kim 🤞

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KimH deleting them shouldn't cause any issues with with expense claims already processed. Just be sure if you are going to delete them, you process all current claims that might have those codes being used. Something else people do with items in a list that are no longer used is just change their name so it reads: zNotUsedProject Code. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KimH deleting them shouldn't cause any issues with with expense claims already processed. Just be sure if you are going to delete them, you process all current claims that might have those codes being used. Something else people do with items in a list that are no longer used is just change their name so it reads: zNotUsedProject Code. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KimH
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thanks Kevin, that's really helpful 

marithompson1
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi I have 80 project codes to add. Is there anyway I can add them quickly instead of adding one by one? Many thanks.

@marithompson1 absolutely. On the screen where you would enter the project codes, look for an Import button. This will bring up a window with steps on how to download the template to import these codes. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
marithompson1

Thank you, Kevin

I have followed the steps and downloaded the template, which is empty apart from:

marithompson1_0-1637683000260.png

Where can I see the list of project codes that are already in Concur so that I do not duplicate the project codes?

Can you also tell me why it is asking to delete, please?

Much appreciated for your help in advance.

@marithompson1 you won't see the already added project codes. Even if you end up duplicating, the system will recognize that the code already exists and will not add it again. The Delete? option is used so you can edit your list of Project codes in the future. If a project closes and needs to be removed from your list, you put a Y in the Delete column for that project to remove it the next time you import your list. 

This template will now be your master list going forward and should be used again and again to edit the list of projects. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
marithompson1

Hi Kevin

I have successfully uploaded 87 new project codes in one go. Thank you very much for your support! 

@marithompson1 awesome to hear. You are now dubbed Import expert. 🙂 Glad it worked out for you. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey