cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Premier275
Occasional Member - Level 1

Custom Field replacing required Expense Type drop down

Is it possible to remove the Expense type drop down from the expense form?  I would like to use a custom field for our expense account allocation because it will flow better for our users.  Thanks!

1 Solution
Solution
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Premier275 I pulled up your account and I see you are using our Standard product.  Unfortunately with Standard, you do not have the ability to customize like you would in Professional.  I apologize as you are not able to move the fields around in Standard.  

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Premier275 Technically it is possible, but it is not recommended.  The system Expense Type field is tied to the ledgers/spend categories.  What is it that is not working for you the way it is now?  

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Premier275

@MelanieT Hi Melanie, thank you for the response.  Its not that it isn't working, it would just flow better if the Expense type was in with my custom fields.  Is there a way that I can change locations of the drop downs?  Our users will have specific locations, department and accounts so I'd like to group all of those drop down fields together.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Premier275 you can "connect" these fields by making them a multi-level list. This would allow you to put them in an order that works for you. They would be labeled with a 1, 2 and 3. By making them a multi-level list, it makes it easier for users to make the correct selection. The way multi-level lists work is whatever the user chooses from the first field, will determine what options are available in the second field and so on. This keeps users from making incorrect department and location selections. 

Here is our guide for custom fields for Standard: https://www.concurtraining.com/customers/tech_pubs/Docs/ConcurPremier/SG_Shr/SG_Shr_Custom_Fields.pd...

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Premier275

@KevinD Thanks Kevin.  I don't think the multi-level list will help with what I'm trying to do in this case, but it is good to know it's a possibility for the future.

Solution
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Premier275 I pulled up your account and I see you are using our Standard product.  Unfortunately with Standard, you do not have the ability to customize like you would in Professional.  I apologize as you are not able to move the fields around in Standard.  

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen