cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J-Kap
Occasional Member - Level 3

Copying reports from Prod into Test, Cognos

Hello,

I have previously copied reports from Test into Prod. But I have just tried to copy a report from Prod to Test and it has failed twice. The Open Report from clipboard option in the Tools section is greyed out...

Does anyone know if it is possible to copy report from Prod to Test.

Many thanks

J-Kap

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@J-Kap why are you trying to copy to Test? 

When you have a report open in Report Studio, use Tools and then copy to clipboard. Then what I do is open a blank word doc and paste the code there. Open Report Studio in Test. You should see a little window asking if you want to allow access to your clipboard. Select Allow. When the options appear to open a New or Existing report, select New. Now, go to the word doc and select all the code you previously had pasted in and copy it. Go back to your new (blank report) and go to Tools>Open from Clipboard. Give that a try and let me know if it works.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@J-Kap why are you trying to copy to Test? 

When you have a report open in Report Studio, use Tools and then copy to clipboard. Then what I do is open a blank word doc and paste the code there. Open Report Studio in Test. You should see a little window asking if you want to allow access to your clipboard. Select Allow. When the options appear to open a New or Existing report, select New. Now, go to the word doc and select all the code you previously had pasted in and copy it. Go back to your new (blank report) and go to Tools>Open from Clipboard. Give that a try and let me know if it works.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
J-Kap
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi Kevin,

I need to copy from Prod to test to amend a report, our policy is that any testing or amendments need to be done in test and pass quality assurance before its is copied back into Prod.

I know where I went wrong, I copied and pasted the report from Prod into a word doc, when I got to test I neglected to copy and paste the word doc before selecting open from clip board.

I tried it this morning and it is working fine.

Thanks

J-kap