cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dfadeyeva
Occasional Member - Level 2

Comment Field on File Export Configuration.

Hello, 

is there a way to add the comment field (from Expense Report Line Item) to the File Export Configuration? I am looking through the list of available fields and cant find it. 

Thank you

best,
Dasha 

1 Solution
Solution
dfadeyeva

@MelanieT Thank you. Adding a custom field is a workaround that we will go with. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@dfadeyeva Hello!  Thanks for reaching out to the SAP Concur Community!  

Currently the details from the Comment field on the expense report header or line item cannot be captured in the extract files you download from your batches in Payment Manager. 

Workarounds:
  • You can use the Business Purpose field instead to capture any comments
    • For Professional Customers, changes are made by Concur, so please open a Concur Support case with your request
    • For Standard Customers, this is the Report Entry Description or Claim Entry Description in the Extract File Configuration Settings 
  • Another workaround is to configure a custom Comment field in your Expense setup, so you could capture the comments entered on the expense entry level in your extract files
    • For Professional Customers, changes are made by Concur, so please open a Concur Support case
    • For Standard Customers please see under Additional Information

The Comment field is not a static single field. iIt is an 'entry box' you type in comments and hit save and the comments get collected like in a spreadsheet. 
For example, a comment that was entered by the employee will save and posted in the comment history.  When the report moves to the Manager's level, the comment field is blank again as this is intended for the Manager's comment if needed up to Expense Processor's level. Therefore, this would collide with export file format. 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Solution
dfadeyeva

@MelanieT Thank you. Adding a custom field is a workaround that we will go with. 

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@dfadeyeva Sounds great!  You can create a support case and we will be able to assist you with getting that updated!

Have a super day 🙂

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.