cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C258118
Occasional Member - Level 2

Cognos 11 Upgrade - anyone?

My company has recently updated to Cognos 11 and having numerous issues. Anyone experience the same?

29 REPLIES 29
eva_fong
Occasional Member - Level 1

Yes, it affects me too. Have been experiencing numerous errors when running the reports. The speed is taken much longer to run than it used to be when in Cognos 10. 

cslifer

This is not an upgrade.  It is unacceptable for it to take over 1 hour to run one report.

C258118

Exactly, such a pain. hopefully this gets resolved asap. i experienced running 9 hours for a report. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello all. Have you submitted Support tickets to SAP Concur? We need to know that errors and issues are occurring in Cognos 11 so we can address them ASAP. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
C258118

Error submitted but no update received till then. It is very painful to receive multiple complaints in the organization when something is beyond our control. What i am doing is keep trying to generate on others' behalf. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@C258118 @cslifer @eva_fong were any of the reports that were running or that you received errors about Scheduled reports or were you just running these manually?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
PDalal
Occasional Member - Level 3

Kevin,

Our scheduled/Burst reports are being received blank by our users? Would appreciate some insight on next steps -- of course other that setting up a ticket!

I also sent you a message regarding this

Pre Dalal

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PDalal I know for scheduled reports, you need to re-authenticate your Cognos credentials. You should have received a push message from Cognos 11 pointing you to the release notes that describe the steps for re-authenticating your credentials. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
PDalal

Hi Kevin,

I did re-authenticate my credentials on Cognos 11 as per directions given in the FAQ.

However one of the recipients of a burst report scheduled every morning at 5 am is a generic IT email and not a live person -- There is no Concur account associated/linked to this email

Hoping for some resolution.

Pre Dalal

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PDalal what impact is this having on the bursted report? Is the generic email the only email listed in the burst recipients? If not, are the other recipients receiving the bursted report?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
richaganjoo
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin,

My Company is also facing multiple issues with Cognos upgrade.

One of the major issue we are facing right now is  with Bursting.

We have a report which bursts notification to employees, But that report is just processing few records and then going into stuck state.

The report eventually shows failed status after a day or more. 

Any suggestions/insights on such issues.

Regards,

Richa

C258118

This is the frequent error received. 

RQP-DEF-0177 An error occurred while performing operation 'sql​Open​Result' status='-237'. UDA-TBL-0004 There was a Write error while processing a temporary file. UDA-SOR-0005 Unable to write the file.

Somehow so lose and dont know what to do. 

PDalal

Hi Kevin, thanks for reaching out. I have reauthenticated all reports individually. I have added my email manually to the burst reports and I see that some burst reports are received with no data/content  in them. In fact I made a cheatsheet and distributed to area admins to authenticate their burst reports. A few  Reports work just fine but others are a pain point -- I ran the reports in different ways but to no avail. I have attached screenshots of the error response received when trying to run reports manually. So I agree with JEdgar2022 its a disaster. 

C258118

both scheduled reports and reports running manually encountered issues. We have informed everyone to renew the credentials and myself too. However, the failure rate is still high. The report that has always run without issues before the upgrade now always return error.

JEdgar2022

Our upgrade to Cognos 11 has been a disaster!  Jobs keep failing with "server crash" errors; reports don't get emailed or the email shows up without the report attached; edits to jobs are not sticking.  It has been a nightmare.  Keep submitting tickets for support, but Concur refuses to respond.  No idea where to even start since help is completely unavailable.  

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JEdgar2022 could you provide me the case number you have from submitting support tickets, please? I have a person on the reporting team that wants to follow up. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
JEdgar2022

Case numbers are 18769613 and 18596381.  The latest response from Concur is not very encouraging.  

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JEdgar2022 I'll pass the case numbers on to my colleague. I'm going to send him your email address that you have listed here as well. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
JEdgar2022

Thank  you, Kevin.  Cognos 11 is still not working consistently as expected with no response to support requests.  

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JEdgar2022 I wish I had an update for you, but the latest I've heard is that we are still working with IBM to correct the issues. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey