cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbndsash
Occasional Member - Level 1

Cash advance return methods

In a world where there are other payment methods other than a check, I would like to know what methods other Concur customers are using, and how, to handle the return of any portion of a cash advance that was not used. 

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cbndsash one method some of our customers use is to turn on the Cash Advance Carry Forward option. Essentially, the company pays themselves back for the cash advance from what is owed the employee for any of their out of pocket expenses.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
cbndsash
Occasional Member - Level 1

Kevin, thanks for the response. We are aware of that Carry Forward feature but due to existing policy, it is not an option for us. My question was intended to survey the community (and Concur) to learn how the return of the cash advance was being handled outside of their users submitting a check/ money order.

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@cbndsash Sounds great!  Hopefully some people can share their experiences with you!

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Jeremy
Occasional Member - Level 3

We have the carry forward option turned on to deduct any future cash reimbursements.  We started with employees mailing a check or money order and just recently got payroll on board to allow us to send an excel file for paycheck deductions.  These are only for employees that have granted their approval for the deduction and not an automatic process when a balance remains.  We have had employees ask if they could pay over the phone or online with a card, but my department does not have a means to process those payments.