Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregDempster
Occasional Member - Level 1

Cannot Delete a submitted expense & need to update cash reimbursement claim

Hi,

How can I delete a submitted expense?

How can I delete or remove a cash reimbursement claim? I do not require this but unclear as to how i can delete that line from the report

Thanks,

Greg

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GregDempster when your expense report has been submitted, it is locked for editing. You will need to log into SAP Concur, go to Expense at the top of the screen. When the manage expenses screen appears, you should see the submitted report. Click on it to open it. Once open, you should see a Recall button. This allows you to pull the report back and make changes. If you do not see the Recall button then it means one of two things:

1. Your report may have gone through the entire approval process already. You'll know this if the status of the report says Sent for Payment, Processing Payment or Paid. This will be visible on the Manage Expense screen.

2. Your company turned off the option to Recall. I doubt this is the case, but it is possible. If you do not see a Recall button and the report has not yet been fully approved (status will say Submitted & Pending Approval or Approved & In Accounting Review) you will need to contact your approver (if status is Submitted & Pending Approval) and ask them to send the report back. If the status is Approved & In Accounting Review, then you'll need to reach out to either the Finance Department or Accounting Department to have them send the report back.

My guess is you'll see a recall button if the report is not fully approved. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GregDempster when your expense report has been submitted, it is locked for editing. You will need to log into SAP Concur, go to Expense at the top of the screen. When the manage expenses screen appears, you should see the submitted report. Click on it to open it. Once open, you should see a Recall button. This allows you to pull the report back and make changes. If you do not see the Recall button then it means one of two things:

1. Your report may have gone through the entire approval process already. You'll know this if the status of the report says Sent for Payment, Processing Payment or Paid. This will be visible on the Manage Expense screen.

2. Your company turned off the option to Recall. I doubt this is the case, but it is possible. If you do not see a Recall button and the report has not yet been fully approved (status will say Submitted & Pending Approval or Approved & In Accounting Review) you will need to contact your approver (if status is Submitted & Pending Approval) and ask them to send the report back. If the status is Approved & In Accounting Review, then you'll need to reach out to either the Finance Department or Accounting Department to have them send the report back.

My guess is you'll see a recall button if the report is not fully approved. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
larry10
New Member - Level 1

Hi,

Recall button is not showing.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@larry10 if you could do me a favor, log in to SAP Concur, click Expense at the top of the screen. You should see your report on the Manage Expenses screen. You should be able to see the current status of the report. Can you kindly tell me what the current status is, please? It is possible the status doesn't allow for recall or it might just be your company doesn't allow recalls. 

Once I hear the status, I can advise you further. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
GregDempster
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your support here

Recall button now showing (wasn't there yesterday) for one of the expense reports which I have now been able to recall and delete - thank you. The other expense report is in a submitted state pending external validation. This report doesn't show the recall button so I am trying to get this returned so I can update. 

Thanks,

Greg

@GregDempster reports in External Validation status won't be able to be recalled until the External Validation has taken place and the report goes back into the regular workflow. Keep checking the status of the report. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey