cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jda123
New Member - Level 1

Cancelled a hotel room, but still received bill

I cancelled a hotel room that I booked through Concur, but the cancellation appears to have failed and I still received a bill from the hotel in Concur. Is there any way to diagnose what happened? I don't have a cancellation number or email, so the hotel won't reverse the charge. Is there an audit trail built into Concur that I can see what happened?

8 REPLIES 8
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jda123 I would suggest two things:

1. Contact your travel agency to see if they can help.

2. If number one doesn't work, you could call the company card issuer and contest the charge. Be sure to wait for the reversed charge to come into SAP Concur, if the bank does reverse it.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
clynn
New Member - Level 2

Is there a way to see the cancellation in Concur? I have had the same thing happen to me.

POwens
Occasional Member - Level 1

exactly the same for me, and yes I really need to find the cancellation as I have been charged for the the whole week that I booked the hotel and after talking to the hotel they have nothing to indicate a cancellation, so they need proof before they will look at any kind of refund.

I see from above that @KevinD has provided 2 things to help, but neither will work, I just need some proof of cancellation

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@POwens why won't either of my options work? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
POwens
Occasional Member - Level 1

@KevinD 
1. I don't have a travel agency, the hotel was booked through Concur, I wasn't aware of an additional party between concur and the hotel?

2. I don't have a company credit card
So how / where do I get the cancellation notice, I cannot find even indication now that I booked the hotel in the first place, all info has vanished?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@POwens If you use Concur Travel for booking you do have a travel agency. In fact, you must have a travel agency to use Concur Travel. If you sign in to SAP Concur, on the home page look in the Company Notes section. There might be travel agency contact information listed there.

If the travel agency cannot help, then see my response above about how to see the history of your trip and the cancelation. Your company's travel admin will need to run the report and provide you a copy. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jda123 I did a little looking around and found that if someone has access to the canned Travel Reports they can see a user's history of trips. Here are the steps:

1. Navigate to Reporting > Travel Reports > User Concur Travel History (located towards the bottom of the column on the left side)
  2. Choose the method and criteria you would like to run the report and click Submit
  3. Once the results return, click the option to View Request to see the log of the history of the trip

You'll have to speak with your company's internal Concur Travel Admin to have them run this report.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
MSTEEN
Super User
Super User

Have you tried going to your Travel > Trip library and checking for the reservation there?  Also, you should contact your TMC.

You should be aware that different hotel properties have different cancellation policies, it is no longer same-day or 24 hours from check-in.  

I hope this helps 

Maria Steen