cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Orin5252
Occasional Member - Level 1

Business Purpose

Is there a way to add the filed "Business Purpose" to the report screen that is pasted below.  Without it, you have to go into each entry and try to remember that you already went into that entry to double check "Business Purpose".

Orin5252_0-1664205619476.png

14 REPLIES 14
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Orin5252 unfortunately, that screen and those columns are not customizable. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Orin5252

This seems to be a flaw in the program.  It is very time consuming to have to double check and open every expense line item to verify the Business Purpose.  Was not like that in the old system.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Orin5252 did you try switching from the Standard view to Detail view? If you look at the screenshot provided by @DeanR to the far right there is a View link and a little arrow looking icon. Click this arrow icon and change to Detail view. 

KevinD_0-1665502035578.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

Kevin - How do you get the Detailed view to show?  I don't have that option and can't find it in my configurations.  It is a very short amount of columns available for view.  Where is this changed?

Nancyagfa_0-1668464882196.png

Nancy Murray
Agfa
DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

Hi @KevinD ,

That is odd since we do have Business Purpose as a displayed column when Detail view is selected in the new UI:

DeanR_0-1664924390726.png

joshhorton
Occasional Member - Level 3

I dont have this option. Is it a configuration that needs to be enabled?

joshhorton_0-1668107129183.png

DeanR

Not a configuration/permission that I'm aware of.  It was just there for me when I enabled NextGen UI.  Could you try a different browser and see if it is still missing for you?

abeard

Hello! I too am wondering how to get this (Business Purpose) added to our report screen as I do not see it either?

And just to be clear, this is on the "Not Submitted" screen that we need this. Also, how do we enable NextGen UI?

abeard_0-1677008652464.png

DeanR

I can answer your last question - as of November 2022 everyone has been switched over to NextGen UI for Expense so there is no longer any need to enable it.

AWall
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi, For your first question, this is a configuration item and decisions around which fields are and aren't present are addressed by your Internal Concur Administration.

abeard

Is this achievable with the standard edition? Also, how can I see if we are on the NextGenUI? I followed instructions to go to Expense Help and I did not see a NextGenUI referenced in the banner. Only Standard Edition.

DeanR

@abeard 

Standard versus Professional Edition is not the same as NextGen UI.  NextGen is the new user interface that was rolled out to all customers (both Standard and Professional Editions) in November 2022.  Prior to then there was the option for customers to enable the NextGen UI ahead of time.

abeard

Ok thank you! that's what I thought but I read somewhere that if we go to Help --> Expense Help, that we should see "NextGenUI" in the banner on top. I only see this (Concur Expense Standard Edition), so wasn't sure if we were in fact on the new UI/the old:

abeard_0-1677111159890.png

DeanR

Hi @AWall ,

Can you please advise where this configuration is found?  I'm a Concur Administrator and I don't know where to find it.  As I mentioned in previous posts above, we have the option of Standard or Detail view and Business Purpose is a displayed column in Detail view for us but I never made any configuration changes to enable this.