cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonatlin
Occasional Member - Level 1

Bank Account Info changed after expense is approved for payment

Hi, 

I recently put in a request for reimbursement and received an email saying that my expense was approved for payment. At this time, I realized that my bank information in my account was incorrect and I immediately corrected it. However, I'm worried that the payment will still be sent to the wrong bank. If the expense is approved for payment, does that mean the target bank account is already locked in? Or will it correct itself to the new bank account?

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jonatlin the only way the system will correct itself is if it tried to make a payment to a bank account and there was an error. If you check your profile you should be able to see which account is currently Active. Only one can be active. 

If for some reason the "old" bank account was still active at the time the system tried to make a payment, then it could go to that account. All you can really do is wait to see where the payment goes. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
tsharp83
New Member - Level 1

Good Morning!

I have had the same issue. M account was recently closed, and the payment was already approved and extracted. Since the account isn't accepting deposits, will the payment return to Concur and be resent to the updated account info on file?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tsharp83 if SAP Concur tried to make a payment to the account and it couldn't, the system should pick up that report the next time payment demands are generated and try again.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
carboyd
New Member - Level 1

How often are "payment demands generated?" Does it correspond to my company's payroll system?

jonatlin
Occasional Member - Level 1

I saw that from the Audit Trail of my report that there was an Expense Report Payment Confirmation, which would seem to indicate that payment was sent out. However, when I check my bank account, I don't see the payment. I'm assuming that it was sent to the wrong account. Is there someone I can talk to for assistance on this? I have the transaction number from concur but I can't find a "contact us" or "help desk" option to get assistance. Or do I have to simply hope that the payment bounces and gets returned by the bank?