cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tstagliano
Routine Member - Level 2

Auto Update Cost Object Value Based on Expense Type

Is there an option to have a connected cost object list value updated based on an expense type?

Our example is that we have an expense type called Anniversary Gifts that can only be charged to a specific cost center.  Since our default cost center is that from the users home profile so currently they have to change the cost center to the correct one based on the expense type.  WE do have an audit rule that will check that the specific cost center is selected when the Anniversary Gift expense type is selected and if not, will provide instructions on what needs to be selected.

Just trying to look to see if there is a way to auto assign the value.

Thomas Stagliano, M.I.T.
2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tstagliano Okay, I do know that you can do conditional fields. For example, I've seen customers who had the system configured that when a user selected the expense type Meal, a new field appeared asking the user for the type of meal. You may be able to then set the conditional field to default to a certain selection. I know fields can have default values set. Do you have access to update Forms and Fields?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
tstagliano
Routine Member - Level 2

yes i do have access to the forms and fields but we already have a field that is a connected list based on the cost object hierarchy so we were looking to have that value updated when the anniversary expense type was selected

Thomas Stagliano, M.I.T.