cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karthikhemadri
Routine Member - Level 1

Authorized Approver Limit

can anyone suggest on how to set unlimited approval limit for an authorized approver.

as per the the training guide page 26 in the below link it says "If you want this authorized approver to have limit approval, select the currency and the amount. If they are to have unlimited approval, set to no approval limit currency, and leave the approval limit amount blank."

Concur Expense: Workflow – Authorized Approvers Setup Guide (concurtraining.com)

however, we cannot save with out selecting any currency and amount limit in authorized approvers section of workflow. and there is one topic says we need to enter NULL and not clear guide on where and how to do it. (amount field cannot be entered with text NULL"

1 Solution
Solution
Karthikhemadri
Routine Member - Level 1

@KevinD yes, doing that since we have no other options.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

Hi there,

This issue effects our site as well. Our workaround was to set a ridiculously high limit that one invoice/report would never hit. But, I am hoping a Concur rep will answer this as well.

Best,

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Karthikhemadri I just went into one of our demo sites and was able to select an approver as an authorized approver. I did not choose a currency and I left the Amount field blank. I was able to save. 

Can you provide me a screenshot of what you are seeing when attempting this, please? Be sure to provide a screenshot of as much of the screen as you can.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Karthikhemadri
Routine Member - Level 1

@KevinD i was checking few other options. as you said we can select a user as AA without selecting the amount field in User admin view. However the selection is defaulting to Australian Dollar with a 0 limit.

I'm trying to add user in workflows-->Authorized Approver section in expense admin where the currency and amount selection is mandatory. To give higher amount i have to enter the atmost value in amount field instead as per the guide.

screen shot added here.

User Admin page where amount field is not mandatory and currency is defaulted to AUD and the amount field is numeric type.

Karthikhemadri_0-1648097892391.png

Workflow Page:

initially amount filed is updated with 0 without currency selection which means user can review and approve however he is not the actual approver to move report to next status.

Karthikhemadri_2-1648098073343.png

the below screen shows amount is mandatory and it cannot be entered with alphanumeric values.

Karthikhemadri_1-1648098046144.png

@Karthikhemadri in your last screenshot, in the Approval Limit section, did you try selecting a currency first, then entering the amount? I believe you need to specify a currency. 

Give that a try. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Karthikhemadri
Routine Member - Level 1

@KevinD yes Kevin, I tried selecting the currency and saving it which is defaulting to value "0". but as per the guide to maintain highest approval limit it should be NULL. There is no clear cut instructions to configure it.

@Karthikhemadri would entering a really high amount in this field not work for your company? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Karthikhemadri
Routine Member - Level 1

@KevinD entering high amount is the current practicing method. during the review of authorized approver section in setup guides for admin, it is recommended to maintain NULL value to provide atmost approval limit. which is not able to understand.

@Karthikhemadri yes, the guide does recommend that, but if it isn't letting you keep that field blank, then I would say go with what the system is allowing you to do. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Solution
Karthikhemadri
Routine Member - Level 1

@KevinD yes, doing that since we have no other options.

c_dgarcia
Occasional Member - Level 1

Please help me I have a pending approval for one of my team members but they don't allow or show me any think in my file

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@c_dgarcia can you provide a screenshot of your notification and your approval queue?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@c_dgarcia well, you obviously are set up to use Concur products otherwise you wouldn't be receiving that approval notice. 🙂

I would suggest trying two things:

1. Switch browsers and see if you see the same message. Be sure to sign out completely. 

2. Clear your browser cache. 

Let me know if these work or not.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
c_dgarcia
Occasional Member - Level 1

hello

c_dgarcia_0-1666626757531.pngc_dgarcia_1-1666626836946.png