cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jenn
Occasional Member - Level 1

Approving Expense Reports

Hello.  I am a long time user of Concur for expenses, but only as a submitter of expense reports.  I now need to approve reports and not finding an efficient and quick way to audit/approve.  I really need to quickly glance at the GL codes or description field completed by the person submitting (ideally in the approval summary screen). Right now I am having to click through each expense, surely there's a better way??  Any suggestions?  Please and thank you kindly.

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jenn the only thing I can think of is when you have the expense report open, click the Print/Email link you will see above the line items. Select Detailed Report. This will open a window that shows all items on the report. That is the only way you can see the entire expense report and all line items without having to click on each line. Give that a try and see if it gives you what you are looking for. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jenn the only thing I can think of is when you have the expense report open, click the Print/Email link you will see above the line items. Select Detailed Report. This will open a window that shows all items on the report. That is the only way you can see the entire expense report and all line items without having to click on each line. Give that a try and see if it gives you what you are looking for. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Jenn

Hi Kevin - Yes that definitely works. Thank you!!!!  On a similar note, we chose to format the description field with our GL codes vs adding multiple expense types.  I was wondering how some other companies are doing that.  Do you happen to know?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jenn I'm not sure I totally understand what your company has done with the description field. Can you provide a screenshot of what you are describing, please?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Jenn

Yes, thank you.   See 2 screenshots below with yellow highlights.  I'm thinking we should re-format how we loaded the descriptions because in the 2nd screenshot (the solution you gave us, THANK YOU), the GL code is not pulling from the description field (or it's pulling from somewhere else.

Jenn_0-1628614757041.png

Jenn

oops 2nd screenshot

Jenn_1-1628614956553.png

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jenn it looks like the Client column is showing the GL Code.  I have seen in some rare cases where our customer put the GL code as part of the Expense Type name. That could be something to consider. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Jenn

OK, thanks.  We are still testing/playing with it.  The client code field seems to be the easiest work around.  I appreciate your quick reply.

Thank you!

Jenn