cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maymie_Mc
Occasional Member - Level 2

Approval Flow

Does anyone have issues in the new interface with not being able to see the approval flow in the audit trail? In the old interface I am able to go to Details and then Approval Flow and see exactly who the next person is needing to approve an expense report. In the new UI I go to Audit Trail and I can see who approved the report but not who the report needs to route to next for approval. This presents the problems of having to look the project number up and see who all of the approvers are on that project to know where it is routing to.  Very time consuming manual process now. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Maymie

9 REPLIES 9
Jody
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi, @Maymie_Mc!

In the new UI, the link is named Report Timeline and is under the Report Details menu within the report.  The presentation layout is different, but the overall view is the same.

I'm trying to get a screenshot but I'm not an Approver.

I'll keep trying. Let me know how else I can help.

Thank you,
Jody Wilkins
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select Accept as Solution so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Maymie_Mc

Jodi,

Thank you for the response. In the new UI in the report details, it does show who has approved the report. But it does not show the flow of who the next approver is. Our expense reports are approved by a Project manager and then it goes to a finance manager and last me the processor for approval and processing payment. In the old UI you could look at the approval flow and see where the report still needed to route to. With the many thousand project nymbers we have and over 10 lines of business it becomes a manual process to look up the project number in  another system and see who the next approver is and where the report is routing to. Losing this capability in the new UI will cause a manual proesss for me and the finace department of our company. 

Regards,

Maymie

junieturner
Occasional Member - Level 1

Yes it is frustrating not being able to see the full list of approvers up front - this is something that we use a lot and enouraged our employees to use this tool when questioning where there expense was in the approval system - now we have lost that transparency - it wasnt broke so not sure what the reasoning was behind the change.

cotestacey

Jodi, do you see any organizations that use Expense Pay and have the Processor approve reports before the manager's approval?

junieturner
Occasional Member - Level 1

The issue with the new UI is that you see who the approver is after it has been approved. With the old module you could see all the approvers regardless of whether it is approved or not. This allows either the employee or Admin know up front who is causing the delay and can be chased to find out what the issues are.
Richard_Chatter

Hi Maymie

I am not an approver but I was able to open an old report and find the Claim Timeline - some examples attached.

Hope it helps!

RichardClaim TImeline detailed.PNGClaim TImeline.PNG

Maymie_Mc

Thank you Richard for the response. You can see where the report is at in the claim timeline. But unlike the old UI you cannot see where the report is routing to next. That is the problem my company is facing.

Regards,

Maymie McCullough

EdwinaM
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi all - we haven't moved to next gen UI as so much core functionality was removed.  Our early adopters pilot group have requested to move back to old UI.  There are several factors for this, but one of them is loss of visibility over their approval flow.  In old UI, when submitting an expense report the approval flow pops up in a window and the user has the opportunity to adjust it.  Now in new UI, if user clicks Submit, the expense report routes to default approver.  This is a problem as many users need to add a pre-approver, or route to a different approver.  It is not at all intuitive to call the menu item "Report Timeline".  It is much better in old UI called "Approval Flow".

Our request:  Concur, please bring back the ability to have the financial approver screen pop up to be checked before submitting an expense report (and same experience should be for travel request).  Also, please rename the menu to "Approval Flow" or allow customers to customize the heading names.  Thank you.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@EdwinaM requests for product changes or for a feature to be brought back are not submitted here on this Community. You can read about our program for customers to submit enhancements here: https://community.concur.com/t5/What-s-New-in-Product/New-CEI-Program/ba-p/27025.

I see you have in your workflow the option for Employees and Approvers to add a workflow step. I don't recall this skipping the user's default approver. Have you consider having users go to their Expense Preferences page and click the following checkbox? This should then allow them select the approver. 

KevinD_0-1659736113553.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.