cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dan-gunning
Occasional Member - Level 2

American Express Cards Disconnecting from Concur

I'm having an issue where employees AMEX cards have randomly been disconnecting from Concur. When logging into their profile (profile settings > expense settings > expense credit cards) it states a red message that says "Credentials Expired - Please update information". The user then has to click the message and log back into American Express to re-connect their card to Concur. This happens to multiple users every month and has happened to certain users more than once.

Is there any solution for this issue? I've opened tickets with the support team and the only solution they have is that our AMEX account is not set up properly and they are using an AAM Login and not a supplemental login. However, this is not the case. All employees have supplemental AMEX logins.

7 REPLIES 7
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@dan-gunning Hello!  SAP recently announced that some customer/account will need to reauthorize the American Express Business Cards when utilizing the BCI Connector. How are your cards added to the system? 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to. This was outlined in the November 2023 Release Notes. 

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
dan-gunning

@MelanieT Hi Melanie! Our cards are added to the system by having our users go to "Profile Settings > Expense Settings > Expense Credit Cards" and then clicking "Add AMEX Business Card"

This prompts them to login with their American Express username and password and then their cards are linked to the Concur. Then, it will show that their card is active.

However, after a couple of months, the card will disconnect and it will say next to their card number "credentials expired - please update". It has happened at least once to every one of our users since August and has happened twice to many.

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@dan-gunning Thank you for that info.  I was able to find this:

With the implementation of Open Banking on multiple different bank sites, this has resulted in changes in how these banks handle the authorization "tokens" or synch permissions granted to Concur users when they link their cards via Yodlee. Previously, the vast majority of banking sites issued these authorization tokens that never expired, however the following banks below now have specified expiry dates for their authorization tokens:

This shows AMEX has an expiry of 90 days for the authorization token.

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
dan-gunning

@MelanieT Thank you for this! This would make sense, as the users that I mentioned who have experienced it multiple times experienced it after around 90 days. 

Is there any way to prevent this from occurring? Maybe a different way to link American Express cards? I would prefer to not have my users re-link their cards every 90 days, as it can be a bit of an inconvenience. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

suewalsh
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Dan, 

I am running into the same issue with our AmEx. Just wondering if you switched to a credit card feed and how it worked?

Thanks

Sue

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@dan-gunning You can get a CC feed set up and have transactions come in that way, but other than that there isn't a different way to connect without having a direct feed from the CC company. 

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
dan-gunning

@MelanieT Great! I'll set up a meeting with our account rep to discuss this. Thank you so much for your help!