cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
panes-rubrics
Routine Member - Level 1

Alert me on deleting non-empty report to save hand verify each expense after moving all?

why doesn't Concur alert, after deletion of a report, any receipt no longer in any report? an orphan (receipt) no longer has a parent (report).

To “Move” all expense items from one report to another, the system should transfer the entire record over including the receipts attached. However, from bad experience, I did not know a hotel invoice was not moved from report of ID C6569E1DE2454FBC96FE; on its deletion, there was no alert of hotel invoice not moved.  Is there any post-mortem to find how this happened?

How to know if a Receipt shown in "Available Receipts" has been submitted?

To combine Reports into one, I have been moving all Expenses from to one single Report. Thinking that all expenses are now moved because no other report exists (after move), I did not pay attention to double check each expense.

Now after submittal of what I thought was combined, I need to submit hard copies of receipts; in comparing to the submit report, I found a receipt not in the Summary Report. Concurs shows such receipt but I do not see how it can be there without my creation of Report.

I have prepared many reports done per overseas trip (then moved into single monthly report); after finding out that I need to submit one instead of multiple, I moved them and submit combined report too soon to meet monthly timeline but now found out too late that existing receipt in Concur not in latest Submitted Report

I am very confident that this receipt is in a report prior to move.

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@panes-rubrics I think it is a good best practice to always double-check expenses moved from one report to another.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
panes-rubrics
Routine Member - Level 1

Thanks KevinD. My interpretation of your response is Concur cannot miss a moved expense by clicking on all Expenses;

The list of moved expenses takes significant time to verify (against previous reports); additionally, I no longer need to create separate report (on a Trip basis) to check missing receipts (which should have hand overed to me) because my Manager (whom I am his delegate) commented that I just need to submit what is hand overed.

if missed move is my mistake vs Concur's, I have not found out how, when I clicked on All Expenses, not all but just one is missed out of many?

In the future, unless I can have time to countercheck, I am now reluctant to create separate reports.  

arek-kowalczyk
Occasional Member - Level 3

If the goal is to check for the receipt, you don't have to click through each and every expense line. You could use a printed report. They will usually contain all receipts attached to the expense report in a single file. Just scroll through the printed report to see if receipt you are looking for is there.

It's worth noting that sometimes clicking on "All Expenses" will not move all of them. There are some limits. One example are Fixed Meals/Per Diem (if done via Travel Allowance panel). They are tied directly to the Travel Allowance and won't move automatically and need to be unassigned and assigned manually to the new report. However you shouldn't need receipts for Fixed Meals/Per Diem.

If you are required to submit one report, it may be a good idea to simply go with one from the start. It will save you some hassle and potential accidental mistakes.

panes-rubrics
Routine Member - Level 1

Thanks arek, the item missed is a Hotel receipt.

panesrubrics_0-1693807492705.png

After steps above, is following procedure a necessity?

1. For Report being moved:
    1. Click on Move All Expenses
    2. Check if List of expense is now empty
  1.     If empty
        1. Switch to Report moved to
        2. Check the list if it contains all expenses from step 1 above
  1.     If not empty
        1. Repeat step 1a
  1. Repeat Step 1 for next Report to Move.

I am avoiding move expenses because my manager whom I am delegate for said I just submit receipts on my hand which alleviate my need to do per-overseas-trip report.

My next questions:

• why doesn't Concur alert, after deletion of a report, any receipt no longer in any report? an orphan (receipt) no longer has a parent (report).
  • Is it necessary to check each desired expense in new report? If yes, is there a shortcut?