Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sainaik
Occasional Member - Level 3

Accounting code field on expense entry form

Hi Team,

Can anyone please guide on below query.

Our expense processor is looking for option to have GL account code on the expense entry while they process the expense reports. So I wanted to check if it possible to add accounting code to the expense entry form? please suggest.

Regards,

Saikripa Naik

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sainaik there are a couple of ways to do this, but I'll share the easiest way I can think of.

If the processor wants to see the GL Account codes, the easiest way is to add the GL Account code to the name of the Expense Types that are active. Otherwise there is a lot more configuration that would need to go into having this visible to the processor.

By doing it this way, users will see the expense type as: Airfare - 1000 (just an example). If you wanted a separate account code field, then it would require users to not only select an expense type, but then choose the correct GL Account code from a list.

Either way, you would need to submit a support ticket to SAP Concur to have the changes made unless you have someone at your company who has completed our Advanced Configuration Training.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
sainaik

@KevinD 

Thank you very much for your response. It is very nice idea to add GL codes to the expense type. But most of the expense types are used globally by other entities as well. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sainaik is there an issue with other entities seeing the GL Code as part of the expense type name? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
sainaik

@KevinD There may not be any issues as such but I may need to seek permission on the change as this will be global changes.