cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CFenn
Occasional Member - Level 1

Accidental personal expenses that have been cancelled

Hello. I have two personal expenses accidentally added to my corporate card. I was able to change the payment card to a personal card which means that those charges were reimbursed to my corporate card. So now I have 4 receipts (2 charges and 2 corresponding reimbursements) meaning that no sums are due to my employer.

For the 2 receipt charges, I am able to select that they are unauthorized charges and can then select that they were reimbursed. But I cannot find a way of clearing the receipts for the credited amounts. If I select them as unauthorized corporate card spends, I get an error message saying that personal expenses cannot be reimbursed. Please can you advise. 

6 REPLIES 6
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CFenn I suggest unchecking the checkbox seen in the screenshot below. When you are refunded for corporate card charges, it is the bank/card provider that does the refund/credit, not your company. So, I don't think you need to use the deduction checkbox for any of the expenses. The reason being, the credits will offset the other two charges for a zero net amount. 

Give that a try. I would try unchecking this box for all four entries on your report.

KevinD_0-1657927079456.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
CFenn

Thanks Kevin,

Unfortunately, the system will not let me uncheck the ticked box. One other option that works is to put them all through as taxi expenses where they balance each other out resulting in a zero balance (ie the company doesn't owe me anything and I don't owe them anything).

francescasb92

Hi @KevinD Hope you're well. Please can you help me with a query? 

Amazon Prime accidentally charged my corporate card for x2 personal costs. How do I mark these as Personal so that the payments can be deducted from my pay? Thanks.

@francescasb92 you need to create a new expense report and add both these items to the report. When you are filling out the details of each item, there should be a little checkbox labeled Personal Expense (do not reimburse). Check that box. That should do it.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
francescasb92

Hi @KevinD Thanks for your help! What Expense Type do I need to select?

@francescasb92 without seeing what expense types are available, I would say Miscellaneous if it is there. Sometimes companies will have an expense type named Personal. Also, I've seen some companies use and expense type named Other. If none of those are available, I would suggest asking your direct manager what they suggest. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey