cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arampurawala
Occasional Member - Level 1

Identify concur travel vs nonconcur

How do I determine whether a specific expense entry (for airfare/car/hotel) was booked via concur travel or booked outside of concur but entered as an expense?

Furthermore, within the Analysis tool, can I link expense reports to travel details/itinerary? Which keys should I used to help link these two datasets together?

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@arampurawala items booked in SAP Concur Travel will have the word Reservation (as a link) below it the Expense Type. 

In Analysis you cannot pull data items from the Travel area of the data warehouse and mix it with data items from the Expense area. 

There is a folder in the Expense area of the data model named Associated Trip Reservation, but the data items are pretty general. You will also see an Additional Entry Details folder which might have some data items that could work for you.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
arampurawala

I'm a little confused by your first statement, specifically "will have word Reservation (as a link) below it the Expense Type."  Is there a particular field i can pull into my report that has the word Reservation or an html link that would indicate it was booked using SAP Concur Travel?

I've created a report that pulls all expenses for all employees, including the "expense type" and I can identify/filter on expenses noted as airfaire, car rental, or hotel. However, is there a particular field that would tell me whether it was booked in SAP Concur Travel or not?

For example, if company policy is to book travel using SAP Concur Travel, it would be helpful to have a report (in Analysis) that clearly identifies travel (hotel, car rental, air) that was booked outside. Would Intelligence or some other module allow me to run this type of "exception" report? 

Thanks! 

@arampurawala I've searched in Analysis and didn't find any data item to indicate that the hotel, car or air was booked outside of Concur Travel. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
arampurawala

Hi Kevin,

I'm still a little confused by your first statement - "will have word Reservation (as a link) below it the Expense Type." Are you referring to a specific field in the expense data, the email confirmation, or something else?

I also came across this pdf on SAP Concur's website dated 4/15/2019 - 'Join Points Between Different Datasets'

Expense to Travel:
[Expense].[Entry Information].[Associated Travel Reservation Key] = [Travel].[Reservations and Tickets].[Trip Booking Key]

It seems like joining expense and travel should be possible, but the 'Associated Travel Reservation Key' in my expense data stopped being available around May 2019 (I have this key for all applicable expense prior to May 2019).

Ultimately, i just want to know if upgrading/expanding our subscription will allow us to perform this join (between expense and travel data). Thanks.