cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schernau
Routine Member - Level 1

How to know when a Request has been Expensed?

Hi all, 

We have Concur Request and Expense. We allow users to attach one Request to many Expense Reports. 

My question is - is there a way in Concur Request UI to see what Expense Report a Request has been attached to? I can see from the Expense side which Request is attached, but I cannot view the other way around.

Thanks!

-----------------
Stephanie Chernau (she, her)
UC San Diego
Integrated Procure-to-Pay Solutions
2 Solutions
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@schernau I did a quick test on this and I wasn't able to see from the Request the report it was attached to. I'm thinking you can only see requests attached to reports from the expense report itself.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

Solution
SylvainMuller
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi,

I'm responsible for the Concur Request product strategy.

As part of our "Product Direction", we want to add an Expensed Summary section in Concur Request showing ExpenseReports attached to the Request. It will: 

• display the list of expense report(s) and centrally reconciled invoice(s) (from theConcur Expense - central reconciliation feature) attached to a request.
  • give employees visibility into the expenses that have already been processed, to help them focus on the remaining approved expenses.
  • be available on the NextGen UI for Concur Request only.

Look for future roadmap updates here https://roadmaps.sap.com/board?q=concur&range=FIRST-LAST#Q2%202021 to see when we target a specific time of availability.

Meanwhile, I'd like to recommend you to leverage the "Total Remaining Amount" field. It corresponds to the total approved amount for that request, minus all Expense Report entries matched with this Request. You can display the "Total Remaining Amount" on the Request Header form and thus see whether it reached "0" (i.e. the Request has been fully expensed) or a positive amount (i.e. there might still be spending to submit in an Expense Report).

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@schernau I did a quick test on this and I wasn't able to see from the Request the report it was attached to. I'm thinking you can only see requests attached to reports from the expense report itself.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Solution
SylvainMuller
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi,

I'm responsible for the Concur Request product strategy.

As part of our "Product Direction", we want to add an Expensed Summary section in Concur Request showing ExpenseReports attached to the Request. It will: 

• display the list of expense report(s) and centrally reconciled invoice(s) (from theConcur Expense - central reconciliation feature) attached to a request.
  • give employees visibility into the expenses that have already been processed, to help them focus on the remaining approved expenses.
  • be available on the NextGen UI for Concur Request only.

Look for future roadmap updates here https://roadmaps.sap.com/board?q=concur&range=FIRST-LAST#Q2%202021 to see when we target a specific time of availability.

Meanwhile, I'd like to recommend you to leverage the "Total Remaining Amount" field. It corresponds to the total approved amount for that request, minus all Expense Report entries matched with this Request. You can display the "Total Remaining Amount" on the Request Header form and thus see whether it reached "0" (i.e. the Request has been fully expensed) or a positive amount (i.e. there might still be spending to submit in an Expense Report).

Regards,