cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpmaersk
Occasional Member - Level 2

Approvers are able to download standard and custom reports for the entire company

Approvers are able to download standard and custom reports for the entire company. The previous version of Cognos which was Cognos 10 restricted users to download reports restricting to the approver's team only. But now with Cognos 11, any approver is able to download any reports without restrictions for all the users in the company not limited to the approver's team.

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jpmaersk I don't believe anything should have changed with permissions and data access. Are the approvers downloading reports that have already been run? Are the outputs of these reports being saved in the Team Content area? Could these users possibly be going to the run history of the reports?

I'm going to check with my reporting contacts. It might be possible that if someone with the permission to see data for all users runs a report and saves the output to the Run History in the Team Content area, other users can go to the report and check the Run History and see the reports that were generated. Since the person who ran it has permission to see all data, the output of the saved version would contain all data and at that point, there wouldn't be any restrictions on viewing the data. I'm speculating here, so I'll need to get confirmation from my reporting contacts.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jpmaersk I don't believe anything should have changed with permissions and data access. Are the approvers downloading reports that have already been run? Are the outputs of these reports being saved in the Team Content area? Could these users possibly be going to the run history of the reports?

I'm going to check with my reporting contacts. It might be possible that if someone with the permission to see data for all users runs a report and saves the output to the Run History in the Team Content area, other users can go to the report and check the Run History and see the reports that were generated. Since the person who ran it has permission to see all data, the output of the saved version would contain all data and at that point, there wouldn't be any restrictions on viewing the data. I'm speculating here, so I'll need to get confirmation from my reporting contacts.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
jpmaersk
Occasional Member - Level 2

Thank you so much!