cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pilart
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

I need to update my travel policy! Help!

How are you evaluating your current travel policies to realign with stakeholders current needs?

Share your story and hear from your peers on their best practices and challenges!

Want to hear more? Join the recommended session during the SAP Concur Fusion Exchange event on August 11th, 2020.

RECOMMENDED SESSIONS: 

Revising Travel Polices Based on Your Data, 2:05pm on August 11th

As you are preparing to return to travel, it will be more important than ever to prepare your data too! Discuss data and visualization strategies to help track changes in travel behavior and monitor all levels of your approval process with ease.
Presenter: Tiffany Redman, Senior Product Manager – Global Product Strategy at SAP Concur

9 REPLIES 9
tanglin
Occasional Member - Level 2

This is ever so more important these days.   Travel policies should factor in uncertainties and an action plan should one occur.  Also there should be clear directives in travel policy that deals with situation such as the COVID-19 and the health  & safety plus well being of employees.  Also provide the staff with a clear expectations on what can be expensed by employees working remotely.

lperez-lopez
Super User
Super User

Our country/regional stakeholders are coming to us asking for more data on spend. Their end goal is to modify the allowed expenses, in some cases lessen the threshold of reimbursement for a specific expense. Updates to the policy are performed on an annual tracker; however, it is occuring almost monthly now.

KErickson
Occasional Member - Level 1

We are updating our Travel and Expense Policy due to the current pandemic situation and it is simply time to do so. One thing I am looking at doing is splitting our policies. We will now have a Travel Policy and a separate Credit Card and Expense Policy. I had users that wanted to have more direct access to the information they were looking for and this was one way to do it. 

JKissnerDS

I am facing a similar difficulty.  The Travel or T&E Policy also touches the areas of Finance, Procurement, Compliance.  Does anyone have a set-up that eliminates too much overlap, dual work or conflict with those areas?  

With a large global organization, it feels like I am "herding cats" and the project will never stop.

katievirtue

Could you just create an interim travel policy that addresses areas specific to Covid-19 that are different? That way it doesn't need to touch so many other departments?

Procurigence
New Member - Level 2

I have a template policy doc I can share with you that is a great addendum for C19 issues...and you easily can edit it to add/subtract what you need.  Let me know if you want me to send it to you.    My email is grant.caplan@procurigence.com.   Stay safe!

LMaag

I'd love to see your table of contents when it is developed for each policy.  I like the idea of having two policies, today we have it all combined into one and it is alot of information!

KErickson

Happy to share when I am done. Our T&E card is really the T and Everything Card so someone using our corporate card may actually never travel. This is one reason we are separating them. 

tglueck

Would like to see Table of Contents once policies are split - currently in this process as well.