cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erinmolnar
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Take the poll! Will we see you in March?

If you chose "Not sure or I need more info" please let us know why in the post comments or feel free to send me (@erinmolnar) a personal message!

-the SAP Concur Events Team

17 REPLIES 17
jwild
Routine Member - Level 1

I voted Yes, but it depends on vaccination rates and safeguards taken. Holding it in March gives plenty of time to the folks who want to give the vaccine a little more time and make sure they feel safe getting it. I'm personally hoping for high vaccination rates and that we'll be close to "normal" by then. My heart goes out to all who have lost loved ones - it's hard to think about things being normal after that. But I'm really looking forward to an in-person Fusion because I have to say I get a lot more out of them than the virtual conferences we've had. 

One last thought - it's hard to imagine what things will be like nearly a year from now. I'm sure things will be dynamic for some time yet. 

erinmolnar
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Thank you for sharing!

nicksanghvi
Occasional Member - Level 2

We absolutely need this in-person user conference. There is no comparison between the in-room or round table event vs. Online talking to no one experience. I am sue many of us are tired with online meetings. 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

mshah
Occasional Member - Level 3

I like the idea of attending in-person.  Because I was at my desk, it was very hard for me to concentrate on the conference and in turn missed out on the chat ability with other attendees.  But as another member said, it will depend on how "normal" we are by then.  

erinmolnar
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Thanks for sharing!

Sydnesue

Venue is also important.  It won't be 2019 "normal" and attendees will need to be able to have a little space between them to feel more comfortable versus packed in thigh to thigh at keynotes.   Have multiple large meeting rooms open and broadcast the opening/keynote/closing live throughout the conference venue -- multiple large groups versus one mega group.   Hoping for a return to Orlando (or someplace warm) in 2022!!!

erinmolnar
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Thanks for sharing! Stay tuned to this group for future event announcements.

tvarner
Super User
Super User

For me it would depend on budget and location. Our travel budget has always been low for my group and I would really have to campaign to be allowed to go after this past year. What would help is if the topics were out there in Q4 of this year so that I could use them in my argument for attendance. Yes, it is great to know the keynote speakers etc. but for this next year the prior soft letter to management will not work. I would need hardcore examples to build my case. 

erinmolnar
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Nancyagfa
Super User
Super User

Do you have a venue/location in mind that can be shared?  That has a large bearing on a yes/no answer as well as the affect on the budget.  Would also like the topics to be covered and to determine if the value is right.  

Nancy Murray
Agfa
erinmolnar
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Stay tuned to this group for future event announcements!

jgarcia

Virtual conference not the same as in-person.. At the office I felt obliged to work on other things and I had the conference run in the background and not being able focus entirely. The reason I chose "not sure" depends on the health of my mother who is very ill. Otherwise, it would be a YES for me. 

erinmolnar
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Thanks for your response!

tanglin

I vote not sure since there is still a lot of uncertainties at the moment.  

erinmolnar
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Definitely - thanks for sharing!

Sydnesue

Any updates about "in-person" Fusion for 2022?  It's budget time 🙂