cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oziel-alvarez
Occasional Member - Level 2

Report Studio Questions

Hello everyone!

I'm starting to use Report Studio and I have a lot of questions related to some requirements I have. Is there anyone who can answer some of my questions? 

For example, in Concur we have a lot of year types. Is there anything I can use to join them as one simple field?

Please let me know any answer.

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm curious as to what a "year type" is? Also, we do offer free training on using our Cognos Reporting tools. Keep in mind the training is for beginners and is not a custom report building class, but a basics/foundational class, but the price of the class is great and it does provide some good information to get started with report building. 

Visit: www.concurtraining.com. Click on the Learn about Reporting to see our documentation and a list of upcoming classes. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
oziel-alvarez

Hi Kevin!

As you know, we use the Year in many things within Concur. (Concur Data Warehouse > Expense Reports > Report Dates and Statuses). We have First submitted year, First submitted fiscal year, First Approved year, Sent for payment year, Paid Year, Current year. I want to know if there's any coding or technique I can use to merge or join these fields.

Please let me know.

Thank you!

You won't necessarily merge these fields, but rather just add all the year data items you want to your report. For most of those data items, the year won't change much, except in the instance of the fiscal year. Most reports don't span multiple years. Reports are submitted, approved and sent for payment pretty much within the same year except if the report was created in December and wasn't sent for payment until January. Fiscal year is a little different as the end of a fiscal year could be in the middle of a year. 

Your best bet is to just add the all necessary data items to the report you are building. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
oziel-alvarez

Thanks a lot for your answer Kevin! It was really helpful!

Now I have another issue. Let's say that field "ORG UNIT 2 - Name", contains every Country setted up on customer's Concur Site. Is there any way to group specific countries and rename each group of countries within Report Studio?

For example:
1. Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Panama belong to group SAC
2. Mexico belongs to group MEX
3. US, Canada belong to group North America

Please let me know if you have an answer for my question.
Thank you!

Felix
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi @oziel-alvarez ,

I know there are at least two ways to do that.

1. Select the column -> find the 'insert calculation' icon on the toolbar -> define custom groups
  2. Use case when syntax
case
when [Org Unit 2 - name] in ('Colombia', 'Venezuela', 'Ecuador', 'Panama') then 'SAC'
when [Org Unit 2 - name] in ('Mexico') then 'MEX'
when [Org Unit 2 - name] in ('US', 'Canada') then 'North America'
else 'others'
end

Hope it helps. 🙂

Felix