cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

New Reporting Tool

Cognos is being replaced by a new reporting tool.  This tool is already in use by some customers.

Does anyone know what the tool is? 

We've spent 10 years developing 100s of reports in Cognos.  Is daunting to think of starting from scratch, especially with no information on capabilities.

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
Senior Analyst Travel, Card & Expense
US
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sandra-ahola-4704553/
1 Solution
Solution
MarshaC
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi Sandra,

Good to hear from you again! You are correct that we are moving down the path of having a new Analytics platform. The development of Analytics has been in direct response to the feedback we've received over the years regarding Analysis and Intelligence. Our goal with the new product is to provide a more intuitive, interactive analytics solution that is both customizable by the customer and allows you to work with your data in near real-time (the data updates every 15 minutes).

In November last year we made the new Analytics platform available for new small and medium-sized businesses on Concur Standard product in the US. The development of Analytics is an iterative process where we are constantly adding new features, datasets, reports and dashboards. Our goal is to first achieve parity with functionality in Intelligence and then go beyond by adding new and innovative ways to work with your data.

We will not begin migration of existing Enterprise/Professional customers to this new platform until sometime in 2019. This will be an opt-in process that will span many years so you can decide when it is best for your organization to move over to the new platform once you have the information you need. As we approach the time we are ready to release the Enterprise/Professional version of the product and start conversions for existing customers, we will send out a variety of communications and provide informational webinars so you are fully prepared to decide when you want to convert.

We also realize that many customers are heavily invested with the custom reports they have created. Our team is working hard to have the tools in place to assist with the transfer of your data and custom reports once we are ready to begin the conversion process. In the interim, we will continue to support all of our customers on Intelligence (Cognos).

Here's a video you can view to learn more about the new Analytics platform.

Marsha Calfee

Director, Product Management

Data Platform & Analytics

Marsha Calfee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
patilr1982
Routine Member - Level 1

Hi Sandra,

Any chance that you are talking about the 'Budget Dashboards'?

These are also available under the reporting tab. However, my understanding is that these are meant to be added functionality and not replacing Cognos.

Also, I had a look at the roadmap document available with me (it's from 2017 Q4) and it does not talk about Cognos replacement as such.

Planned Q1/2018

•Role-Based Intelligence Dashboards: Financial Overview, Expense Management
•Combined spend dashboard (Expense & Invoice)
•Additional Report Localization
•Fringe Benefit Tax Dashboard v2
•Secondary hierarchy Functionality

Product Direction

•Additional Report Localization
•Dashboard personalization

I also had a look at recent release notes and did not see a mention of this. Interested to see if anyone else has more insight.

Best Regards,
Rohan
SAP Concur and SAP FICO Implementation Functional Consultant
SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

It's a completely new tool that replaces Cognos they're calling Concur Analytics.  There are 2 version - free and paid.

There is info in some of the Fusion presentations.   I wasn't able to copy and paste from the PDF.   And the info is very general.  No details.

It was launched 11/17 for new Standard customers.   

The Fusion presentation is PRES6302.

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
US
patilr1982
Routine Member - Level 1

I did read the below text in the roadmap. However, discounted it as just a parallel reporting solution for those that do not opt for intelligence.

When on analytics, we only had the Query studio which offers very limited options for report design and builds. I am assuming these aspects are addressed in Analytics Plus. 

New Analytics Offering
•Expansion of New Analytics and Analytics Plus offering to additional markets (UK, CA, AU)
•Analytics and Analytics Plus reporting expanded to include Travel and TripLinkdata
•Favorite & Recent Reports

My current client recently moved from the free version of Analytics to intelligence. They are currently working on the development of various reports. Thanks to you, I can now alert them to the fact that Concur is eventually looking at moving away from Intelligence.

Best Regards,
Rohan
SAP Concur and SAP FICO Implementation Functional Consultant
ClayT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi Rohan - I think you may have confused "Analysis," which is the current basic reporting offering that many customers have, with the new and upcoming Analytics / Analytics Plus reporting tools that Marsha is referencing.

Intelligence is the premium offering built up from Analysis.

The names are a little similar!

- Clay Thompson @ SAP Concur
mkaydin
Occasional Member - Level 2

@patilr1982 Rohan,

I have a few issues and also need some help with Concur reporting in AP ( Invoice Management). Will you be able to help?

MK Aydin

A+E Networks

Arntzie
Routine Member - Level 2

I had the same concerns when I heard about this at Fusion. We had invested alot of time in our custom reports. I appreciate the advanced report writing capabilities of Cognos. Hopefully they won't be lost. 🙄
Solution
MarshaC
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi Sandra,

Good to hear from you again! You are correct that we are moving down the path of having a new Analytics platform. The development of Analytics has been in direct response to the feedback we've received over the years regarding Analysis and Intelligence. Our goal with the new product is to provide a more intuitive, interactive analytics solution that is both customizable by the customer and allows you to work with your data in near real-time (the data updates every 15 minutes).

In November last year we made the new Analytics platform available for new small and medium-sized businesses on Concur Standard product in the US. The development of Analytics is an iterative process where we are constantly adding new features, datasets, reports and dashboards. Our goal is to first achieve parity with functionality in Intelligence and then go beyond by adding new and innovative ways to work with your data.

We will not begin migration of existing Enterprise/Professional customers to this new platform until sometime in 2019. This will be an opt-in process that will span many years so you can decide when it is best for your organization to move over to the new platform once you have the information you need. As we approach the time we are ready to release the Enterprise/Professional version of the product and start conversions for existing customers, we will send out a variety of communications and provide informational webinars so you are fully prepared to decide when you want to convert.

We also realize that many customers are heavily invested with the custom reports they have created. Our team is working hard to have the tools in place to assist with the transfer of your data and custom reports once we are ready to begin the conversion process. In the interim, we will continue to support all of our customers on Intelligence (Cognos).

Here's a video you can view to learn more about the new Analytics platform.

Marsha Calfee

Marsha Calfee
SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

Hello Marsha,

Thanks for info.

What reporting platform is this built on?

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
US
MarshaC
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

It is proprietary. Part of our product goals for the new Analytics platform was to remove any dependency on third party products thus allowing us to innovate how and when we want.

Marsha

Marsha Calfee
tjbmoreno
Routine Member - Level 2

As it should be! 

Terri Moreno
Looking for new opportunities!
Anaren, Inc. - Travel Manager - Syracuse, NY