cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Selene20
Occasional Member - Level 1

Concur Intelligence - Reporting

Hello Concur Community,

I need your help! I want to know how to create a weekly report that shows all invoices processed for the week—by processor, by Customer, by $$... Other insights I need would be to understand due dates, categories of spend—components, marketing software, consultants, etc… Can someone please provide a video training would be extremely helpful!. 

Best,

Selene

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Selene20 okay, so when it comes to Concur Intelligence Reporting, I like to be upfront with people. This tool is not super intuitive and having someone show you how it works will go a long way. That is why I highly (and I stress highly) recommend you attend one of our free reporting classes. Yes, they are free. You just need to be able to commit to 90 minutes for three consecutive days. You will be in the session with other customers and a live trainer demonstrating how the tool works. You also get to do some hands-on practices after each class. This class gives you a really good foundation for using the tool. 

One caveat...the class does use Concur Expense data as the basis for the examples. Your question is about building a report using data from Invoice. So for you, once you attend the class, you would just need to familiarize yourself with the Invoice area of the data warehouse. You can start now by going into the Intelligence. From the Cognos home screen, click the Launch drop down in the upper right corner. You will see an option that says Help - Concur Model. On the web page that opens, at the bottom you will see the areas of the data model listed: Concur Expense, Concur Travel, Concur Invoice, etc. To the right you will see a word Doc and a PDF link to open the document for that module. This document shows all the data items and the paths in the data model to find the item. 

If you would like to sign up for the free class, go here: https://www.concurtraining.com/toolkit/en/data-insights/intelligence. Scroll to the bottom to see the list of upcoming classes with the dates and times. 

I hope this helps. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Selene20 hello there. May I first ask what your experience level with Report Studio is? This helps me better assist you. If you are comfortable with Report Studio and experienced with it, I can point you in the right direction. If you are not too familiar, then I can point you to some resources. I'll await your reply. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Selene20

Hi @KevinD

Thank you so much for your response. I am not too familiar with Report Studio and would appreciate your resources.

Best, 

Selene Mora

Staff Accountant

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Selene20 okay, so when it comes to Concur Intelligence Reporting, I like to be upfront with people. This tool is not super intuitive and having someone show you how it works will go a long way. That is why I highly (and I stress highly) recommend you attend one of our free reporting classes. Yes, they are free. You just need to be able to commit to 90 minutes for three consecutive days. You will be in the session with other customers and a live trainer demonstrating how the tool works. You also get to do some hands-on practices after each class. This class gives you a really good foundation for using the tool. 

One caveat...the class does use Concur Expense data as the basis for the examples. Your question is about building a report using data from Invoice. So for you, once you attend the class, you would just need to familiarize yourself with the Invoice area of the data warehouse. You can start now by going into the Intelligence. From the Cognos home screen, click the Launch drop down in the upper right corner. You will see an option that says Help - Concur Model. On the web page that opens, at the bottom you will see the areas of the data model listed: Concur Expense, Concur Travel, Concur Invoice, etc. To the right you will see a word Doc and a PDF link to open the document for that module. This document shows all the data items and the paths in the data model to find the item. 

If you would like to sign up for the free class, go here: https://www.concurtraining.com/toolkit/en/data-insights/intelligence. Scroll to the bottom to see the list of upcoming classes with the dates and times. 

I hope this helps. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Selene20

This answers all my questions. I have registered and will be taking the 3-Day course. You guys are definitely making our lives easier 😄

Thank you so much, Kev!

Best, 

Selene Mora

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Selene20 glad to hear it. We are here to help.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey