cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klamb
New Member - Level 1

Concur Detect and Oversight

I'm curious if anyone has experience with Concur Detect and/or Oversight.  What was the implementation timeline and complexity?  Was it worth the effor?  How well is it working?

22 REPLIES 22
mab
Occasional Member - Level 3

HI, 

I have used detect since July 2019. I love it. So much more confidence in it's audit than the CAS.  

Didn't take long to set up, a couple of weeks, and once going it's easy to manage. I'm in pharma, and we audit every report. So this automation is great. It also shortens time from submission to pay.  I think the users were happy about that.  Harder to sell the bosses, but once done they saw how happy I was, and how easy it is to use.

We changed our policy last year, and tried to get the manager as attendee rule added, but it wasn't available.  I took their certification training for auditor and administrator, saw it there. 

We recently merged into our parent company's implementation and wasn't allowed to have it, they said it wasn't available on the EU server they use. I am so unhappy about that. 

This is the future. We were also migrated to SAP from Oracle, when we fought for a system that would route approvals outside of SAP, I suggested we go into invoice in concur as the api's are there.  They went with a diffenent vendor and our team has struggled for a year.  With invoice and expense both on detect life would have been so much easier. 

I don't know if you went to the virtual forum Appzen had last month, it was interesting to hear how their Mastermind product can handle the AP function almost autonomously. 

All good. 

jillreichow
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Just found out that Oversight is going to start pushing through Exception codes like AppZen did.  BUT it needs to be requested to be enabled.  The codes can be used to create a skip step in the workflow.