cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidW
Routine Member - Level 1

Concur Certification - Have you done it?

All,

Has anyone (non-consultant) gone through the Concur Certification?

Specifically (<LINK>😞

1) Concur Certified Associate, Expense Admin 

2) Concur Certified Professional, Expense Configuration 

I've been "Concuring" and support Concur for +6 years at multiple companies, and I wonder if I could just take the test. I don't have the time for the full advanced configuration training.  Is there a test study guide or sample tests? Maybe that would help me in my query.

Thanks in advance.

25 REPLIES 25
AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

I th this is a great idea. I'm in the same boat as you and when I first started out it was before they blocked everything so I've already done it or had the ability to do everything in the past. I test that doesn't cost $3,000 would be great.

ค๓๒єг ɭєє - ᴄᴏɴᴄᴜʀ ᴄᴏɴɴᴏɪssᴇᴜʀ
(っ◔◡◔)っ  ☆ Fort Worth, Texas ☆
patilr1982
Routine Member - Level 1

Completely Agree.

As per the current Concur rules, you need to have completed the training in the last 6 months, in order to be assigned the unrestricted configuration roles. This is a challenge for those who work with new clients on regular basis. A Test-only option would be ideal as it would allow us to demonstrate that we know how to handle the great power with great responsibility Smiley Wink

Best Regards,
Rohan
SAP Concur and SAP FICO Implementation Functional Consultant
AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

They can also review our case history to see if we're high risk. What I mean by that is are we reckless with the authority we've been given or do we know when to ask for help and get the service team involved. How many catastrophic errors have we made, if any, etc. Even with limited access it's still possible to do some damage.

It's the equivalent of an honorary degree or credits given for real life experience.

ค๓๒єг ɭєє - ᴄᴏɴᴄᴜʀ ᴄᴏɴɴᴏɪssᴇᴜʀ
(っ◔◡◔)っ  ☆ Fort Worth, Texas ☆
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

@AmberLee - makes sense to me!
Richard Grigg
Assistant Director, Business Services
Australian Bureau of Statistics
patilr1982
Routine Member - Level 1

Completely Agree Amber. The case history is a good indicator of a person's ability. Simply looking at the text in the cases should be a good start.

e.g. If I am asking for primary keys of list entries, it immediately highlights that I am already aware that translation of custom and vendor list entries becomes a challenge once the list entries cross 5000.

Best Regards,
Rohan
SAP Concur and SAP FICO Implementation Functional Consultant
tjbmoreno
Routine Member - Level 2

While at Fusion last month, I was speaking with the Concur person (sorry I can't recall her name - need to look for her card) about the certification.  We discussed the cost and I gave her some feedback.  After our conversation it seems that she was going to set up a webinar-type class at a much lower cost than was originally mentioned.  I haven't checked back since then, but do plan to . . . as soon as I find her card.

Terri Moreno
Looking for new opportunities!
Anaren, Inc. - Travel Manager - Syracuse, NY
rlipsey64
Occasional Member - Level 2

Would like to know if you had any luck checking into the web based training.  I have been a Concur admin for more than 15 years without the certifications.  Should have done it but have not.  Traveling to a location and paying the expense of the training is not something that I have wanted to do.

Arntzie
Routine Member - Level 2

I highly recommend the advanced configuration training. I completed the training shortly after we moved to expense in 2009 and have had unrestricted access since. There is alot more to it and damage that can be done if you don't fully understand the database structure, forms, workflows, etc. On the flipside, if you take the training you'll discover an entirely 'new' world of Concur and the true power behind it. Capabilities of what you can do is CRAZY!
Using some real creative thinking and having the advanced config. knowledge has enabled us to deliver some awesome configs to drive policy compliance, IMO.
Certification is on my plate sometime in the future. Pre-test is in the works from what I understand.
The advanced config. training was worth every penny for me and my team.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you feel you can pass the test without taking the class, it is your prerogative to go straight to the test.

Also, please note that for the Professional (unrestricted access) the class you can take is an in-person class at one of several SAP Concur office locations. This cannot be taken online. The online class would be for the Associate (restricted access) certification. If you would like more information, including study material, go to www.concurtraining.com/certification.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
PamSciarra
Routine Member - Level 1

I bet I could pass certain portions of the test (if there was one) and only need to have focused "sessions" of training.  I would love for there to be a test (like all the other posters have mentioned) as well as specific training sessions available on certain topics that a person wasn't familiar with. 

federick1
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

i clicked the link and got - 

The requested page could not be found.

shibukurian
Occasional Member - Level 3

@federick1 , I see Concur has recently reorganized their Training page https://www.concurtraining.com/ and I am not able to locate the link for certificate in it now. Maybe it is still under construction.  

ChadM
SAP Concur, Former Employee

@federick1 and @shibukurian

Thanks for bringing this up. This is related to the reorganization of the training page, and we are working on it! Will keep you posted. 

Thanks,
Chad Minnick
SAP Concur - Community Manager

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
federick1
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Thanks! The ExpenseIt video for End Users is also down - https://www.concurtraining.com/en-us/pr/expenseit_enduser

shibukurian

Certification page is up n runing now.

https://www.concurtraining.com/certification

sreeleshskumar

Hi All,

I am an ex-conucurian. I worked as the CTE consultant in Concur till Feb'18. I have completed my training and i am certified in concur while i was working. Does this certification is valid throught out. Will the certification will be valid as a Global SAP-Concur certified?

shibukurian

I recently completed the Concur Professional certificate so sharing my experience; hope it helps this community.

I have worked for SAP Concur for more than 4 years as Implementation Manager and was part of many rollouts so familiarity with the overall subject was helpful. I will still not say it was easy as some questions were tricky even to confuse an experienced person.  I have spent roughly 2 months; 1 hour each day on average to read end-user and configuration guide available on https://www.concurtraining.com/certification

For a non-consultant, It may require little more effort. Guides available on the certification page are very useful as these cover most of the topics and questions asked. Some hands-on experience to the configuration; maybe just a Test system that will be added support as this will help to visualize questions and you can easily recall options available on any particular screen.

If needs additional information, feel free to write to me @ https://www.linkedin.com/in/kurianshibu/

or kurian.shibu@yahoo.co.in

MarkFNeo
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi Shibukurian,

I am both a Concur Implementation Partner (CIP) and Concur Consulting Partner (CCP) and congratulate you for passing, especially with your self-study method.  That is an amazing task!   You're right on with your description of the difficulty that stretches even the experienced user and hands-on experience to configuration.

For the CIP exam, I was "lucky" as I was able to take the 9 day CIP training course for CIP.  Before taking the training, all I knew about Concur was that we used it at my company!  I say lucky because I was able to walk through 5 implementations, starting from a very simple 1 company to 4 Countries with an ever-expanding set of complexity.

Your study time was just about the same as the 9-day class which totaled 73 total hours.  Note you do get CPE credit for the class, so contributed to my total 3-year requirement for my CPA requirements!

I personally liked the full-immersion, but that is not for everyone (also my company paid for it)!  Either way, study and hands-on are keys to passing.  Either way, it is a wonderful certification to have. 

Since Certification, I have had 1 full implementation, 1 CCP and 1 Standard to Professional Conversion.

I wish you luck with your ongoing Implementations!

Let's keep in touch! 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mark-fowler-cpa-mba-5802742

Mark

kvalmiki86
New Member - Level 1

No

Training-admin
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thanks