cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xpresso2780
Occasional Member - Level 1

is it possible to schedule the import employee task in Concur?

We wanted to be able to import employee changes on a daily basis.  Can we schedule this task in Concur?

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@xpresso2780 so, this sounds like a questions that would be a simple yes or no answer, however it is not. 

I spoke with someone in SAP Concur Implementation and I'll try and give you the short answer. To have the import be setup to automatically run each night, SAP Concur would have to do that. However, your company still needs to somehow provide the file to SAP Concur. Some clients use our SFTP option, but this process takes quite a bit of time and effort. The reason is to use our SFTP option, your file has to be formatted in a certain way and meet SAP Concur standards. This usually takes an outside resource (consultant) and takes a fair amount of testing. So, there would be a cost to your company to get this setup and tested. 

The other option is to use the Import Administrator option, where someone from your company would upload a .txt file daily then the Employee Import job will run and update employee information. So, although there is some manual work, it is a lot easier and more cost effective to use this feature.

My best advice is to speak to your SAP Concur Client Success Manager and get their input on this. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
xpresso2780
Occasional Member - Level 1

Concur offering additional purchased of connector to do this import task.  I really don't think it's fair, these "connector" should be part of default.  Will keep you post.