cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshhorton
Occasional Member - Level 3

ExpenseIt payment type default

If a receipt is sent through ExpenseIt and the last four of the credit card number is not on it, then the expense comes in with a payment type of Cash. We do not want this to happen as 99% of the time it is not OOP. We need the payment type to be Pending card transaction.

If this really is an OOP then the user can change the payment type manually to Cash.

Reason why we need this change is because real credit card expenses are getting sent in as Cash and being approved and paid out to the users. 

5 REPLIES 5
DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

Hi @joshhorton 

You can set the default Payment Type at employee group level, should you wish it to be Pending Card Transaction rather than cash.

Refer attached KB Article on Payment Types and ExpenseIt

Cheers

Dean

joshhorton
Occasional Member - Level 3

Thank you for your reply. We have the default set to pending card transactions but for those receipts that do not have the last 4 of the CC on the receipt they still come in as Cash.

Have you encountered this or have any work-arounds? We expect the Receipt with itemization to be scanned and unfortunately that is the receipt with no CC as its prior to paying the bill.

DeanR

Sorry, the link I posted previously isn't working so I'll copy the text here:

• If the default payment type for the user's group is cash (the user has a card assigned) and the last digits of the expenseit receipt do not match the card, the payment type will default to cash. 
  • If the default payment type for the user's group is cash (the user has a card assigned) and the last digits of the expenseit receipt match the card, the payment type will default to pending card transaction.
  • If the default payment type for the user's group is pending card transaction (the user has a card assigned) and the last digits of the expenseit receipt do not match the card, the payment type will still default to pending card transaction.
  • If the default payment type for the user's group is pending card transaction (the user has a card assigned) and the last digits of the expenseit receipt match the card, the payment type will default to pending card transaction.

The third scenario is the one you are describing, and it should set the Payment Type as Pending Card Transaction rather than Cash.  If it isn't then I'd suggest contacting Concur Support to investigate.  We've only just purchase ExpenseIt and I'm still working through all the options and scenarios myself.

nkupferschmidt
Occasional Member - Level 1

Where in administration would I find where these settings are stored?  We are also having an issue with this

DeanR

I think it's under Group Configurations, on the Expense tab.

You may not have access to it; I didn't have access so had to raise a case with Concur Support to change it.