cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sachuamin
Occasional Member - Level 3

Concur CIP

HI Team,

Is Concur CIP training location specific? 

Can anyone with CIP certifcate from any organization located in India ( or any other country) work on Global Implementation projects or any implementation projects which are outside of the country of CIP training?

Please clarify.

Regards,

Satheesh 

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

The CIP training is not location specific. So, I believe if you attend in India, the UK, Germany, etc., you can work on any implementation. Some countries may have certain requirements/rules/laws/restrictions, that might not be covered in the CIP training, so keep that in mind. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
PKSingh
Occasional Member - Level 2

Thanks Kevin for the clarification.

However, I have few more doubts to clarify regarding CIP.

) Is CIP is client specific ? Example if its done based on client, company or particular company location ?

2) If its client specific, whether the same CIP status can be used for other Concur client's or we have to do the CIP certification process again for different clients ?

3) As you mentioned, some countries may have certain requirements/rules/laws/restrictions, that might not be covered in the CIP training, then how such requirements are covered under CIP certification aggrement when we approach a client which is based out in a country other than our CIP training location?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

See my replies below:

) Is CIP is client specific ? Example if its done based on client, company or particular company location ? CIP is not client specific. There are too many configuration options and variations that can be setup in a site, so this is a generic training on how Configuration is done. 

2) If its client specific, whether the same CIP status can be used for other Concur client's or we have to do the CIP certification process again for different clients ? See answer to your first question. Once you are certified, you are certified. No need to do it on a client by client basis. 

3) As you mentioned, some countries may have certain requirements/rules/laws/restrictions, that might not be covered in the CIP training, then how such requirements are covered under CIP certification aggrement when we approach a client which is based out in a country other than our CIP training location? I'm not sure on this. I know we probably cover things like VAT, but there are too many country requirements to have in the training.

The idea of the CIP is to teach the attendees how to configure a site. With this knowledge, they can setup a site and also know how to use this knowledge to meet their clients' specific needs and requirements. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
PKSingh
Occasional Member - Level 2

Thanks Kevin

sachuamin
Occasional Member - Level 3

Thanks Kevin 🙂