cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjbmoreno
Routine Member - Level 2

So excited!

Just signed up for the SAP Concur Expense Administrator exam!  Anybody else already take the test or scheduled to?

Terri Moreno
Looking for new opportunities!
Anaren, Inc. - Travel Manager - Syracuse, NY
22 REPLIES 22
AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

Is this something you can elaborate on here without breaking any rules? Is this similar to the training we can take to be given full admin rights? Who typically pays since it benefits/belongs to the individual, not their employer. Can you BOGO?

ค๓๒єг ɭєє - ᴄᴏɴᴄᴜʀ ᴄᴏɴɴᴏɪssᴇᴜʀ
(っ◔◡◔)っ  ☆ Fort Worth, Texas ☆
tjbmoreno
Routine Member - Level 2

There are actually two different levels of certification.  Administration and Configuration.  Both have recommended training and a test that follows.

The Administration certification recommended training is a three-hour online course.  The cost is $250.  The test is also done online.  It is $500.

The Configuration certification recommended training is a four-day onsite course.  The cost is $2,000.  The test is done online.  It is $750.

In both cases, the certifiation is for the test taker -- not for the company.  It's to help you in your career - and it follows you if you change jobs.

The Configuration certification will give you unrestricted access -- at the request of your employer -- and again, it follows you if you change jobs (but your new employer would also have to make the request.

I'm taking the Administration certification test first.  No doubt I'll pass that one.  Eventually I plan to take the Configuration training and then the test.  But it is a big expense.  One step at a time!

Terri Moreno
AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

I love the online certification option they have now. Curious the employer has so much control over something that doesn’t belong to them. Technically.

tjbmoreno
Routine Member - Level 2

I think they need need to request the unrestricted access just to keep employees from having access that they do want to.  For instance, lets say you have your certification and change jobs.  But at your new job, your responsbilities don't include configuring the company's SAP Concur site.  In that case, not only wouldn't they want you to have access to do it, but personally, if I'm not authorized to do something, I don't want access to it.  It just helps to avoid problems.  When I moved within my company from Finance to a travel-only role, I wasn't supposed to be able to access our accounts payable system anymore.  When I found out that IT hadn't removed my access, I had my boss put in a request to have it removed.

Terri Moreno
AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

We've jumped the rails and are talking about two different things now. 

Of course employers should control access to their Concur. What I'm referring to is them having the power to deny you this certification, even if you offer to pay out of pocket.

tjbmoreno
Routine Member - Level 2

Yes, I agree.  I actually mentioned something about that in a different post.  It would seem that, especially if someone is looking for work, that it would be a great boost to their career -- and look fantastic on a resume -- that the individual should be able to pay for it on their own so they can get the certification.  Hey, @ClayT . . . can you share that with Learning Services?

Terri Moreno
AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

How cool would it be if a group of local Concur Admins got together to get certified as a group of individuals? There's the option for individuals to travel to Washington State, which I'm sure is beautiful, but expensive, or the option to have the trainer come to them. I know there are others in my area who would do it and think of the cost savings!

tjbmoreno
Routine Member - Level 2

That would be cool!  I do think you can have a trainer come to a company to do on-site training.  The thing is that a company has to take on the liability, sign a contract, etc.  So it would be a difficult thing to do independently.  Maybe your local GBTA Chapter can arrange something?

Terri Moreno
ClayT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi @tjbmoreno and @AmberLee! In regards to the current functionality that today only lets a company be billed for the certification, we understand that this is a constraint for individuals who want to take it on their own.

This is definintely a future enhancement that SAP Concur is planning. Right now, we don't have a timeline for it. Thanks for the feedback, and good luck!

- Clay Thompson @ SAP Concur
eabsing
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi Clay,

Can you please elaborate the process for certification sponsored by any company who is going to implement SAP Concur. What are the steps a Company & a Concur Consultant should follow to get certified.

Many Thanks in advance.

Regards, Abhishek

cathyli
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Clay,

Good day !

As a SAP partner company, we would like to send our staff for Concur training and get certified to provide support for our existing customers which are implemented Concur, could you help to provide advice about how we can proceed for this ?

Thanks & Regards,

Cathy

AshleyB
SAP Concur, Former Employee

Hi @cathyli

Thanks for posting. As I mentioned in the other thread training resources can be found at Concur Training here: https://www.concurtraining.com/ For additional questions, we suggest you reach out to your Concur Rep.

Cheers!

Best,
Ashley Bragg
SAP Concur - Community Manager

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

Don't you have to join the GBTA under a company name as well? Regardless, my membership should still be valid so I'll check with TA and see what she thinks. She should do it too!

It's probably totally doable but we're overthinking it. Let's make it happen!

tjbmoreno
Routine Member - Level 2

@AmberLee, each Chapter has its own rules.  With the Upstate New York Chapter that I belong to, you can still be a member if you are not currently employed for up to a year.  But in your case, you've got a consulting business, so it wouldn't really apply anyway.  I'm not sure about big GBTA, but for now, I'd stick with your local Chapter anyway.  I find that I get more networking and support from the Chapters than from GBTA.

Terri Moreno
TrishW
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi Terry

You mention chapter?  Is this a area ?  We have only one connection in Concur in Aus and that is run from the other side of the country where I am.

Is Aus Head Office able to make their own rules?

Thanks

Trish

tjbmoreno
Routine Member - Level 2

Hi, Trish!

We are actually talking about GBTA (Global Business Travel Association) chapters. This is not part of SAP Concur. Are you familiar with GBTA?
Terri Moreno
TrishW
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi Terri

My company has not taken up the travel module yet so unfortunately no

Thanks

Trish

tjbmoreno
Routine Member - Level 2

My company does not use Travel either - just Expense. GBTA is a professional association for education and networking for people employed in the business travel industry - either as a customer or a supplier.
Terri Moreno
jewelsoc11
Junior Member - Level 1

What a great idea!  Is that possible to pool the cost of the training?  I would assume that the test cost would be the responsibility of the individual.  Also, I don't think it's too much money to fly to Seattle.  It's a great town!  July is a great time of year to go I hear! 😉  I was at Fusion last March and it was a great learning opportunity.  I'm hoping to go again next year in San Diego.

RVyasara
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi Terri,

Thanks for sharing the information. Is there a test study guide or sample tests? which you can help with.