cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidW
Routine Member - Level 1

Does this replace the Linkedin SAP Concur Client User Group?

I don't understand....how is this different from that site?

1 Solution
Solution
MitchellW
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you so much for joining us here, David!

As a manager of the LinkedIn Client User Group and now a moderator within this group, I can speak to several differences between the two groups. 
The largest (and in my opinion most exciting) changes are that this new group allows for more in-depth conversations into subject matters such as Concur Travel, Concur Expense, Concur Invoice, and related products under "Product Discussions". Also, there is now a "search" feature that will allow for people to find conversations around subjects that they consider interesting.

Regarding if this will be replacing the LinkedIn Client User Group: We do want the focus to be shifting more towards this group as time moves on, but this Community is still within Beta and we are still building out various functionalities to support use by all SAP Concur customers. The LinkedIn does not have a set end-date at this time. We will keep all users updated as the SAP Concur Community grows.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

Great question! I don't work for Concur but I'd like to take a stab at answering.

The short answer is yes. It does replace the LinkedIn Concur Community.

Most people don't realize there are multiple Concur communities within LinkedIn and in the Knowledge Base and probably elsewhere so we finally have a way to bring all those people together in one location. LinkedIn is great but limited. This way we can organize topics, users, and controls based on our needs/wants.

ค๓๒єг ɭєє - ᴄᴏɴᴄᴜʀ ᴄᴏɴɴᴏɪssᴇᴜʀ
(っ◔◡◔)っ  ☆ Fort Worth, Texas ☆
LCameron
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hello David:

I also agree with Amber, I think the new Concur Community is much more professional and will be easier for people to view and search for discussions relevant to their issues.  It is also helpful to receive responses from Concur Moderators and other Subject Matter Experts.  The interface makes navigation and participation simpler and it seems that it will build a searchable Knowledgebase that will be invaluable.

Thanks,

Lorna Cameron
Concur Administrator  & IT Business Analyst
Task Force for Global Health

Josh
Routine Member - Level 2

Hey David,

I'd agree with Amber on this one. For me, I don't have a LinkedIn account, so I was unaware that anything like this even existed - but I'm glad it does! I'd much rather be apart of a dedicated Concur forum instead of needing to sign up for some third party social site.

Cheers!

Josh
Solution
MitchellW
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you so much for joining us here, David!

As a manager of the LinkedIn Client User Group and now a moderator within this group, I can speak to several differences between the two groups. 
The largest (and in my opinion most exciting) changes are that this new group allows for more in-depth conversations into subject matters such as Concur Travel, Concur Expense, Concur Invoice, and related products under "Product Discussions". Also, there is now a "search" feature that will allow for people to find conversations around subjects that they consider interesting.

Regarding if this will be replacing the LinkedIn Client User Group: We do want the focus to be shifting more towards this group as time moves on, but this Community is still within Beta and we are still building out various functionalities to support use by all SAP Concur customers. The LinkedIn does not have a set end-date at this time. We will keep all users updated as the SAP Concur Community grows.

RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Currently the LinkedIn membership of the SAP Concur User Community Is closing in on 8000! Even if only half those people sign up to the new digital community you have 24/7 access to 4000 Concur subject matter experts all over the world - and it's free!
Richard Grigg
Assistant Director, Business Services
Australian Bureau of Statistics
AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

Is this group only for Concur Administrators like the LinkedIn group or is it open to everyone?

Can my employees find this place and see everything I post?

AshleyB
SAP Concur, Former Employee

Hi Amber,

Good question! 

@AmberLee Currently this is a public space. We are working on having additional spaces for Admin and other groups in the future. Until then, this is an open resource to answer questions and get the most out of your SAP Concur Products. 

Best,
Ashley Bragg
SAP Concur - Community Manager

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
EileenPaula
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Ashley

I would prefer a 'secure' area for admins. There have been discussion on the Linked in group that would aid employees keen on attempting fraud etc so it would be better if those discussions could be held behind closed doors so to speak.

RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi Eileen - I agree. One of the strengths of this site moving forward over time compared to LinkedIn is that SAPConcur moderators should be able to determine who is really an administrator!
Kind regards
Richard Grigg
AshleyB

Hi Eileen,

Thank you for your feedback! 

@EileenPaula We agree that there is value in having a separate space to learn best practices from fellow admins. Moving forward we will be able to create this community within a community. As @RichardG mentioned, we will also be able to verify that it is an admin only space.

Best,
Ashley Bragg

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
tjbmoreno
Routine Member - Level 2

So here's my take on things . . . 

It's hard to straddle the two.  I say rip off the band-aid.

The LinkedIn Group is great - no denying.  It was quick and easy.  I was already in LinkedIn checking on things, so it was seamless to check in on the Group and put my two cents in.

That said, This Community has so much more functionality and will continue to get better.

Send an email to all Concur users about the new Community; send a message to everyone in the Group, post in the Group on a weekly basis about the switch and then in 30 days shut 'er down!

Terri Moreno
Looking for new opportunities!
Anaren, Inc. - Travel Manager - Syracuse, NY
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

I agree whole heartedly with @tjbmoreno's comments.  This group is starting to take traction - whilst I'm still shamelessly promoting this group as part of my responses in Linkedin, I'm finding I rarely go there now - this is the happening place!

Richard Grigg
AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

@MeggieC @AshleyB 

@RichardG tagging Terri aka @tjbmoreno in the above comment is exactly why it should be the person's name instead of the username. Woman Wink

AshleyB

Hi @AmberLee,

Good point! We will look into that capability. Thanks for sharing.

Best,
Ashley Bragg

AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

@mforoughi You asked about the objective of this group a little while ago but I believe the reason you didn't receive any replies is because of this similar discussion happening at the time of your question. I wanted to tag you here so you can have quick access the next time you visit. I hope this helps answer your question.