cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slama
Occasional Member - Level 1

credit from cancelled trip

My colleagues have credit on their expense reports from last year cancelled trips. What is the process to use these credits? Do they need to use up the credit by charging against it? Do charges need to be higher than the credit? Because they received an error message when they try to charge against it with less than the credit amount. Also, what is the timeframe they have to submit her expenses before they get taxed on them? Thanks!

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@slama so your colleagues are seeing credit card charges with negative amounts, is that correct? They should be able to add those to their next expense report. They should also have other credit card charges on the report so that the total report amount is greater than zero. 

Does that make sense?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@slama so your colleagues are seeing credit card charges with negative amounts, is that correct? They should be able to add those to their next expense report. They should also have other credit card charges on the report so that the total report amount is greater than zero. 

Does that make sense?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
pdbanning
Occasional Member - Level 1

@KevinD , I have two credits of $25 each for cancelled classes within a conference. Due to the pandemic, the professionals won't be travelling to present.  I have already expensed my conference registration, and now I am attending virtually...so no other expenses of flight, lodging, meals, etc.  There may not be future expenses for me into November (if travel is approved again).   What is the proper way to file these credits so the money is returned to 3M? 

Thank you,

Pam Banning

3M Health Information Systems

Clinical Terminology team

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pdbanning were these two credits on your corporate card? If so, you will need to reach out to your company's finance team to see how they want you to reconcile these. Sounds like your company already made payment for the original charges, so this would need to be something your Finance team works on with the card issuer. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey