cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottcb2
Occasional Member - Level 2

What is the best way to search for completed Credit Card charges?

I want to query all of the charges that have been completed. On the Company Card section, there is not an option to search for the posted/ completed charges and when in intelligence, I cannot find a way to filter or search by posted/ completed. Is there something I am missing? 

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@scottcb2 What I was suggesting was to look at the status of the expense report, not individual transactions. If you filter the report for the Company Card payment type, then use Sent for Payment Date under Commonly Used Fields, you will only see card transactions that have been fully approved. Transaction Status and Report Status have much different values. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @scottcb2 

on expense report submitted (sent for payment) by details and selecting dates (From/To), you could include a column with Payment Type.

there is an exhaustive list and information on the last release of Concur I found online, which may be helpful too.. https://www.concurtraining.com/customers/tech_pubs/Docs/Cognos/DefaultRpts/Catalog.pdf

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@scottcb2 @Munari_alEXPert gave a great option and that is to use Sent for Payment Date as a data item on your report. This shows the date the report was processed and means it has completed the approval workflow. @Munari_alEXPert also mentioned to use Payment Type on your Cognos report. Then create a filter that Shows Only whatever your company credit card is. This will remove all out of pocket expenses from your Intelligence report so you can only see the company card charges. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any clarification. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
scottcb2

Well, I thought it'd be an easy report to make but when I go to create a filter to filter out those that are completed, I don't see an option here (or anywhere) to specify that the status needs to be complete or sent for paymentshowonlyfilter1.JPG

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@scottcb2 What I was suggesting was to look at the status of the expense report, not individual transactions. If you filter the report for the Company Card payment type, then use Sent for Payment Date under Commonly Used Fields, you will only see card transactions that have been fully approved. Transaction Status and Report Status have much different values. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
scottcb2

Perfect! That worked like a charm!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@scottcb2 NICE! I get lucky sometimes in my solutions. LOL. Cognos can be tricky. Believe me, I have had my share of issues with building reports. Glad it worked out for you. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
scottcb2

Yeah, sometimes in Cognos, I don't just reason it correctly. The solutions are always logical ... but just not the path I thought would be most logical (if that makes any sense!). 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@scottcb2 It totally does. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
alucca
New Member - Level 2

Thanks for sharing ways to look up the approval status of credit cards, it was really helpful for me.

impostor