cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rnyquist
Occasional Member - Level 1

Report Filter/Prompt

I created a report using QueryStudio.  I'd like to publish with a prompt for filters as I see a lot of the public reports have, with the report showing in a clean view rather than the Query Studio view.  I can't seem to figure out the trick to this.  An example prompt is attached.Example prompt screen.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rnyquist I'm not quite clear on what you are asking. What do you mean by "clean view rather than the Query Studio view"? Are you talking about when you run the report? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
rnyquist
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hello Kevin,

Apologies for my delayed reply.  I would like the report to be an HTML report with prompts prior to running rather than the query studio view. Our business users won't be able to manage the filtering through query studio, and the HTML prompts are much more user friendly.

I can't seem to find how to do this.  Can you assist?

Thank you,

Rachael

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rnyquist is the example you posted what you would like to see? Can you provide me a screenshot of what you currently see as far as the prompts go, please? 

When you create a report in Query Studio, it is in HTML format by default, so I'm still confused as to what it is you are asking. Also, prompts appear every time you run the report and you don't run the report from Query Studio. Reports are run from the Cognos home screen usually from a user's My Folders. 

Anyone with Cognos access that runs a report that has prompts will see those prompts before the report returns any data. If you could provide me screenshots of what you are calling "the query studio view" I will better be able to help. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.