Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samirshah
Occasional Member - Level 1

Disable users in bulk

Hello,

Hello,

I need to disable +2K users and looking to find a way to do them in bulk.  I have an administrator role and using standard edition (as I see Expense Setting sub-menu under Administration).  When I go to User Administration screen, I don't see an import user options, only search filters.

Any help on this is very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Samir

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@samirshah yes, I was correct. You are using Professional Travel with Standard Expense. From the Administration drop down, select Expense Settings. You will see several tiles, one will say Access to Concur>User Accounts. Click Edit. Then you will see what I provided in my previous post where you can Add Users from Spreadsheet that will bring in all the users you currently have. Try that and let me know what happens. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@samirshah the option to access your users from a spreadsheet is found under Add Users from the Users screen. See screenshot. Select From Spreadsheet, then follow the the steps on the next screen. 

KevinD_0-1663863580242.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
samirshah

Hi Kevin,

I don't see that option at all.  Our instance is SSO Enabled (Optional), would that cause these functionality to be not available?

Thank you  very much for your help, it is appreciated a lot.

Best Regards,

Samir

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@samirshah that shouldn't affect anything. 

Can you take a screenshot of what you are seeing, please? Be sure to screenshot your entire screen for me. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
samirshah

@KevinD here is a screen shot.

Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 10.39.46 AM.png

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@samirshah a few things:

1. The screenshot is not a view of our Standard configuration, so that makes me think you are using Standard Expense with Professional Travel.

2. The screenshot is showing the profile of a single user, I need to see the screen that comes before the one you sent me.

3. If you could sign in and mouse over Administration in the upper right corner and screenshot what you see there, I can better assist. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
samirshah

@KevinD 

here is the screenshot requested:

Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 11.08.13 AM.png

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@samirshah yes, I was correct. You are using Professional Travel with Standard Expense. From the Administration drop down, select Expense Settings. You will see several tiles, one will say Access to Concur>User Accounts. Click Edit. Then you will see what I provided in my previous post where you can Add Users from Spreadsheet that will bring in all the users you currently have. Try that and let me know what happens. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
samirshah

@KevinD 

Yes, that worked and I am able to export the entire list.  To disable, do I just modify the "IsActive" column value from Y to N and import the excel spreadsheet back?

Thank you very much for your help, it is incredibly helpful.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@samirshah exactly. Pretty simple, right? 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
samirshah

@KevinD I tired with single user's record, change "isActive" to N and imported it back, the import status was successful, but the user is still showing active.  Do I need to change any other fields beside "isActive"?

samirshah

@KevinD It appears that if users have any active employee reporting to them, then you can't inactive them.  I will mark this issue resolved.  Thank you so much for your help.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@samirshah that is good to know. I didn't even think of that. Thank you for letting me know. Glad I could help. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
samirshah

Hi @KevinD  I get errors when I try to upload the file, there is no reason provided, so I keep chunking the data and try, sometime it goes through.  Don't know why it works some time and it doesn't other times.  Little frustrating :-(, but really appreciate your help, without it I could not have gone this far.