cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dilyanamarkova
Occasional Member - Level 1

Change approval flow in Concur

I am an Expense and Travel approver , however all raised requests get directed to my predecessor automatically (not manually selected by the requestor). What is the mechanism we fix the approver flow, so that I can start receiving those requests directly? Does it depend on some field of the department setup (if YES, which one), or something else and how to adjust it properly.

My question is related to both Travel and Expense approvals.

Thank you in advance

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

Hello, for this, you will have to submit a Concur Support ticket. Some administrators can see the Workflow option in Expense Admin, but it takes passing a test or taking a Concur class. For those cannot see the workflow, a support ticket is needed to have Concur make changes to the workflow.

Best,

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dilyanamarkova what @JessicaL explained is for Expense Approvals. Likely you won't have access to change the workflow. However, if your predecessor is receiving the expense reports for approval because they are assigned as the Default Approver for all these employees, then you can simply update the default approver for all these employees to yourself. This is done by going into the User Profile screen under Administration>Company Admin>User Administration. If your predecessor is not the default approver for these employees, but is designated to carry out some other workflow step, then you will need to submit a Support ticket to get that changed. 

When you say you are a Travel approver, are you approving the trips booked by employees or are you approving their Travel Requests? There is a big difference. Travel Request approval is much like Expense Reports. You can designate a default approver for employees when they submit a travel request. If you need to, you can change the default approver for the Travel Requests to yourself. If you are approving actual travel bookings, then you need to be set up as the Manager for these employees in the Travel Settings area of their profile. Again, go to Administration>Company Admin>User Administration. When you open an employees profile, beneath their personal information fields, you'll see some Travel related fields. There should be one named Manager. The person listed in this field is that employee's travel manager and should receive the approvals for their trips.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
dilyanamarkova
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thank you @JessicaL and @KevinD . I am travel approver of their requests from spend side, not the actual trips. As me and my predecessor are not sure what is the setup, can you help me with guidance how to submit a support ticket? I searched our page, but could not find any contact, just FAQ pages

@dilyanamarkova if you want to be the approver for their travel requests, then you just need to be assigned as the default travel request approver for these employees. I checked your profile and you do not have the permission to assign yourself. I'm sending you a private message with the name of someone who has admin rights. Check the little envelope icon in the upper right corner here in a couple of minutes.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Shak13
New Member - Level 1

Hey Kevin, 

Wondering if you could help me out. I am looking to let my team go ahead and book travel, however I would like to approve the travel to make sure that its correctly especially with my newer employees. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Shak13 Hello there. Approving travel is something that needs to be activated and I believe it is activated by Travel Class. What I mean by that is Concur Travel is setup with classes or groups, if you will. For example, you could have a class named Regular Employees and one named Executives where these two groups have different rules that apply to them. One of the rules that could apply is to require approval for all trips booked by the Regular Employees group, but the Executive class does not require approval for trips. You would need to have certain Travel Admin permissions to get this setup. Also, I am not sure if you can require trip approval individually. What I mean is only require trip approval for your team. It is possible if they are in their own Travel Class.  

Do you know if you have Travel Admin permissions or know who at your company does? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey