cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patriciaepps1
Occasional Member - Level 1

Receive error message when adding a new employee

I tried adding a new employee, but when I go to save I get an error message that the login ID is not available.

MR. MICKEY A BENNETT

Problem is resolved.

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@patriciaepps1 so, I had my colleague who works on the Government side of things look up the user ID you posted. I'm going to send you a private messsage to keep things a bit anonymous. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@patriciaepps1 hello there. For future reference, I would caution you about posting this much information about an employee publicly. You may want to go in and edit your post here. 

The error message sounds like to me, that this login ID has already been used. In that case, the only option you have is to give this employee a different login ID to be able to set them up with a Concur profile. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
patriciaepps1
Occasional Member - Level 1

I know the  login ID has already been used, that's why I was told to contact SAP to get another ID number.  How do I get a new ID number?  This is the first time I'm running into this situtation. 

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@patriciaepps1 so, I had my colleague who works on the Government side of things look up the user ID you posted. I'm going to send you a private messsage to keep things a bit anonymous. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Kevin_DFH
Occasional Member - Level 2

We encountered this issue with an acquired business that already used Concur.  When we entered the users on our Standard edition, they errored because the login ID was already in use.  We created new email addresses for those users, but upon loading them using the excel upload template we found we had to 'fool' the upload by adding the new email address as both the LoginID and the newLoginID fields.  They were successfully uploaded, but any future updates including these users fails.  The original trick to fool it by putting LoginID in both fields is not helping.  The result is that these users have to be manually updated.  Have you ran across this before - any advice to get the upload template to work for them?  Screen shot of the error with just one of the users from the acquisition:

Kevin_DFH_0-1626115828336.png

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kevin_DFH what types of updates are you looking at making to these user profiles and how many users are we talking? 

If the user accounts were created and you don't need to make any updates to their login ID (which rarely happens), then you should be able to just change the fields that need updating. 

In Standard, when you go to the User Account screen and click the Import Users button, you can download the template. When you download the template, it will contain all the users already created in the system. As long as you aren't changing any Login IDs, just change the fields on the template that need changing, then import it back in. 

That should work for. If you see the names on the import template after you download it, then those user records are created. Once created, usually changes to the user profiles are things like, switching their default approver or switching them from one department to another.

Does this make sense?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Kevin_DFH
Occasional Member - Level 2

@KevinD we are making an update to the ADP Company Code for 200 users.  When I download the template, these users are included on it.  The only change I am making to the template is to update the ADP Company code, all other information remains untouched.  180 out of 200 users update properly, but these 22 acquired users fail.  I've had to update them manually and would like to fix the issue moving forward if we can.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kevin_DFH do you plan on adding any more acquired employees? If not, then you should be good. The only thing that could happen is if you have new hires and use the Import template to add them, not having an ADP code on the template for the 22 users could cause it to remove those codes from the user's profile. The only way you will know however, is to import the template and see if it removes the ADP code from the 22 employees' profiles. 

Without seeing your copy of the import template, it is difficult for me to know if this can be fixed  and if it can how. You could send me a private message and attach a copy of the import template. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey