cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevenTallir
Occasional Member - Level 1

Flights & luggage

Hi,

I'm getting a lot of complaints from my users that when searching flight it's very difficult to indentify wether or not checked in bags are included in the ticket or not.

There's no way to filter that we know of.
E.g. if an engineer is treavelling he needs to take his toolbox so tickets without extra luggage are irrelevant.
Sales on the other hand prefers flights with hand luggage only.

This is especially a complaint of my users in EMEA since over here adding luggage after then facts can be cumbersome and expensive.

How do other users/companies handle this in Concur?

Thanks,
Steven

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

Hi Steven,

First, we do not allow Basic Economy so that the option to add baggage is always there. 

Second, I agree it is difficult to find the luggage rules within Concur - but, for our company specifically, many of our travelers have signed up for rewards through the airlines themselves, so Concur cannot show that type of data (rewards). 

I am not sure if this is an area that Concur Travel is looking to improve, but I do hope in the future, there will be clearer ways to see this. I like your idea of having a filter for baggage costs. 

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
Jnessa
New Member - Level 1

Are there any plans to remove Spirit airlines since they charge for carryons are not compliant with the bag policy enforced by Concur?  They have their baggage fees listed on their site here: https://upgradedpoints.com/spirit-airlines-baggage-fees/ which does suggest using certain credit cards to avoid these fees but that doesn't always work with booking corporate travel

Jnessa
New Member - Level 1

Are there any plans to remove Spirit airlines since they charge for carryons are not compliant with the bag policy enforced by Concur?  Their baggage fees are listed on this site here: https://upgradedpoints.com/spirit-airlines-baggage-fees/ and the option to add a bag at the time of booking is not always available in Concur.  These fees can be avoided by using certain credit cards but that is also not always possible when booking travel with Concur.