Hi all, 

What is the best option to create a report which has the following information:

- employee, employee ID, report, report amount, 

approval status

payment status

- approved by : USER and ID

- if approved by delegate : USER and ID

- if approved by sys admin: USER and ID

It is the approved by part which interests me the most: is there any way to actually add the user and id who approved the expense? 

Thank you!

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

I think I have found what you are looking for. However, it works off the assumption that your approvers only have one person designated as their approving delegate. 

You can see if a report has been approved by a Delegate. The data item shows as either "N" or "Y". If you have Employee Assigned to Step listed you will see the person who is assigned to do the Manager Approval. In that same Expense Report Workflow Trail folder you will see a data item labeled Delegate. This shows the delegate of the person assigned to the step. So, if you see a "Y" in the Approved by Delegate column on your report and can see the Delegate of the person assigned to the step, that should be the person who actually did the approval. 

Now, keep in mind I'm looking at this data in a training site, so you would need to test it in your live site. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, you can see who completed the workflow step. I provided a screenshot to help you out. 

KevinApproval_Steps.jpg

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Adriana
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi kevin,

Thank you for this. 

The info resulting from this does not cover whether the report was approved by a delegate. Even though a report was approved by a delegate, the path suggested by you will contain the actual manager and not the actual approver.

Any idea how I could get this result?

Many thanks!

Adriana

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

I think I have found what you are looking for. However, it works off the assumption that your approvers only have one person designated as their approving delegate. 

You can see if a report has been approved by a Delegate. The data item shows as either "N" or "Y". If you have Employee Assigned to Step listed you will see the person who is assigned to do the Manager Approval. In that same Expense Report Workflow Trail folder you will see a data item labeled Delegate. This shows the delegate of the person assigned to the step. So, if you see a "Y" in the Approved by Delegate column on your report and can see the Delegate of the person assigned to the step, that should be the person who actually did the approval. 

Now, keep in mind I'm looking at this data in a training site, so you would need to test it in your live site. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Adriana
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi Kevin, 

That's what  I did. I wated to ask thinking that maybe there is an option to show the approver without lesser columns.

Your option does work. Have already tested it.  

Thank you!

MBrenne9
Occasional Member - Level 2

@KevinD,

Where can I find this report? Does everyone have access to these reports?

Thanks,

Melissa

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MBrenne9 this report is what we call an ad-hoc (aka Off the cuff) report I came up with.  So, you wouldn't have access to it, but you could certainly build it yourself using the details I outlined in this message thread. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
MBrenne9

@KevinD Thanks! When I try to run reports it says No Data, I'm thinking I don't have access to run reports...

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MBrenne9 did you try building your own report and it said no data or did you try running a standard report? 

If you built your own report, then you also have access to run reports. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
MBrenne9

@KevinD  Standard report, I don't even see a place to try and build one...

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MBrenne9 so, you probably tried to run the report from the Standard Reports folder. You'll need to make a copy of the report and paste it in the My Folders tab. Once there, then try running it and see if it shows you data. 

In case you might ask, "how do I copy a report?", here is a link to walk you through it: https://assets.concur.com/concurtraining/cte/en-us/cte_en-us_rpt_run_standard_report.mp4. 

🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
MBrenne9

Good Morning @KevinD sorry, I've hyjacked this old thread, should I start a new one?

The link you sent didn't work, says Not Found. I played around with copy and pasting, but still no luck. Even if we only have a basic package, I should still be able to run some reports, correct? I also tried on IE as you recommended to someone else, but that didn't work either... 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MBrenne9 try this link: https://assets.concur.com/concurtraining/cte/en-us/cte_en-us_rpt_run_standard_report.mp4.%C2%A0 

When I paste a link in, I sometimes add a period, but that breaks the link. 

Yes, even with the basic package, you can still run reports. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey