cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sasrsc
Routine Member - Level 2

European Banking Authority - Strong Customer Authentication - PSD2?

Are travel purchases (GDS, or Travel Fusion, European Rail, etc...) going to be affected by this new EU law for essentially what is 2 factor authentication?

If so, is Concur doing any education?

https://eba.europa.eu/regulation-and-policy/payment-services-and-electronic-money/regulatory-technic...

At first glance this seems like a massive hiccup in efficiency for anyone handling travel purchasing?

4 REPLIES 4
AshleyB
SAP Concur, Former Employee

Thank you for posting, @sasrsc!

This is an important topic. I have reached out to the appropriate on our end for you. I will let you know what they have to share on the subject. Thank you for your patience and for starting this discussion.

Best,
Ashley Bragg
SAP Concur - Community Manager

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
kellibur01
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi Ashley - any updates?  This is set to go-live in some locations (if not delayed) in 11 days.  We need to understand any Concur updates / changes and how this will work to communicate to our travelers.

The release notes from August only state that Concur is talking to DC partners to understand any necessary changes.

**Planned Changes** Strong Customer Authentication Support
(Europe Travel Direct Connects)
Effective September 14, 2019, a new European regulation called Strong Customer
Authentication (SCA) will affect Concur Travel. SCA is intended to reduce fraud and
enforce security with online payments.
With SCA, additional details are required if an arranger/travel is a resident of the
European Union (EU) and makes a purchase with a personal credit card, from a
European direct connect (e.g., Travelfusion). This change can affect Air, Hotel, and
Rail purchases. It does not affect Car and Ground, since cards are used to secure the
reservation but not for immediate payment. SAP Concur is working with its European
direct connect partners to understand if API changes are required.

AshleyB

Hi @kellibur01

Thanks for posting!

I still don't have anything to share, unfortunately. I will check back with our team to see if there is something new. Stay tuned! 

Best,
Ashley Bragg

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
AshleyB

Hi @kellibur01

I got word from our Privacy team that there will be communications on this topic in this month's Release Notes. I am unable to share them now but you will get the information you are looking for in those notes. You can learn how to join the Release Note in this post: https://community.concur.com/t5/Concur-Expense-Help/Link-to-Register-for-Monthly-Release-Calls/m-p/6...

Hope this helps!

Best,
Ashley Bragg