cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlannahRandolp
Occasional Member - Level 1

No Data When Coworker Opens Report

Hi,

I created a report in Analysis for my co-worker to use but she is unable to see the report results. The report just says "no data available". We both  192.168.1.254 have the same report permissions. Is there a setting/permission under the Invoice and/or Reporting role that will allow 192.168.10.1 her to see the same data I see?

Many thanks,

Alannah

1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AlannahRandolp it is very possible, based on your description, that your co-worker's reporting permission does not allow her to see the data for that report. Also, if she is also a BI Manager and is accessing the report as a BI Manager, this could be the issue. The BI Manager permission allows a user to see data, but only for those they are the BI Manager for. If a user also has a Cognos role (Consumer or Business Author) then they likely won't have any data restrictions. It is possible a user can be both a BI Manager and a Consumer or Business Author. They will have the ability to access Cognos as either, but the permission they use to access Cognos will determine how much data they can see. 

Do you happen to know if your coworker is also listed as a BI Manager and might possibly be accessing Cognos as the BI Manager rather than the Cognos role of Consumer or Business Author? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.