cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelrrr33
Occasional Member - Level 2

New to Concur Invoices

In my new role and Company, I am experiencing Concur for the first time.  I'm curious how others are maximizing automations and efficiencies with the Invoices module.  I would love to hear success stories and what steps led to that success.  I do believe my Company is underutilizing the software, so I am highly motivated to learn more about what Concur has to offer.

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Is your company using Invoice Capture? This is where you get a designated email address for your vendors to send Invoices. The Capture service then uses OCR to read the invoice and automatically create a Payment Request that can then be assigned to your Invoice users. This saves a lot of manual data entry for users. Also, are you using the Auto-assign option? This is where you assign a vendor to a user so any invoice from that vendor is automatically assigned to the user. 

These are just a couple of things I can think of that would make your Invoicing a little easier and more efficient. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
michaelrrr33

Yes, we are using Invoice Capture and concur email accounts.  I do not believe we are using the Auto-assign functionality, but I would certainly like to know more about that.

@michaelrrr33 If you log in to SAP Concur, click Invoice from the top of the home screen. If you have the correct permission, you will several Invoice options listed. One of which says Vendor Manager. Click on this. Once you do this, you should see the Vendor Manager options Starting with Manage Vendors, Import Vendors, etc.. The last option says Vendor Mapping List. Click this link.  This will show all your approved vendors in alphabetical order. Select the checkbox next to a vendor. You will then see the Assign Default Invoice Owner button activate. This allows you to assign a user to this vendor so when an invoice from that vendor comes in, it should auto-assign it to the selected user. 

If you haven't already, also look at the Help option in the upper right-hand corner of the SAP Concur home screen. You will see an option for Invoice Admin Help. Click on this. It will open a page with several help options. Click the one that says "Invoice Professional Administration Guides. This will open up several topics about Invoice and give you access to the pdf documents concerning that topic. 

I hope this helps.

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
RKhalil
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi,  We have been using the invoice feature in Concur for about two years now.  Can you please share your workflow on how you have your vendors send invoices in.  Are they sent in directly to the Concur Capture email?  How do you track invoices to ensure that all email/invoices are received by Concur Capture. Lastly how do you set up the auto assign feature?  Thank you for your feedback in advance.

michaelrrr33

Hi RKhalil - i just noticed no one from Concur responded to this, so thought i would share my experience (although very limited at this point).  Our invoices are coming in very inconsistently.  Our business is a bit different where we have 50 individual operating companies, and many of those companies prefer to get invoices directly from the vendors first.  Then, some send them to the Concur email accounts, some send them to a generic AP email account, and others send them directly to an AP processor.  We have no current means of tracking completeness of invoices received.  Of course, we are by no means "best in class" in our Procure to Pay processes, but I hope to change that over time.

We have not yet utilized the auto assign feature, but most likely will in the future.