cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MG
Occasional Member - Level 1

Invoice with multiple line items and different distributions against each line item

Hi

We have few invoices that are complex and take time to create. I am trying to understand if this is a common sceanrio and if there is a solution made available to address this issue.

Background:

Professional Services team issue a invoice with multiple line items (lets' say 16 line inthis invocie), for example cleaning service, vending service, security, desk management, etc. We then code the invoices to appropriate expense codes and each of these line items are having different distributions. For example, cleaning service will be paid by couple of departments, vending service is paid by all departments in the office, let's say 10 of them; desk management is paid by one department. Hope you get the gist of the Invoice type.

What we do:

1. Concur Capture creates the invoice for us with header and single line item.

2. Once the invoice is created, we then go about adding 16 lines manually and code them

3. We have to then go about preparing 16 separate import distribution files

4. Select each line item and go about importing the distributions

Issue:

These invoices take longer time to create. Some times small issues on the import distributions cause more frustation to the AP user.

Opinion / options:

a. What we want to know is if these kind of invoices are processed by other companies and if so how / what did they do to?

b. We understand that the import distributions cannot have expense code level information and hence there is no way that we can import a single file that contains the 16 expense codes and their distributions. Is this correct?

c. Extending on previous point b, is there an import that can be performed a little higher level, probably at invoice level, that way, the whole of the invoice --> the header, the individual lines items  and the ditributions against line items can be imported?

Kind Regards

Madan

4 REPLIES 4
teriwatson
New Member - Level 1

We are having the same issue, however, in a large scale.    I hope another user has a solution, or Concur comes up with solution.  Maybe a template scenario can be setup for a specific vendor.  

The invoice is scanned, Concur uploads a template for this vendor with cost centers & expense types.

AshleyB
SAP Concur, Former Employee

Hi All,

Thanks for posting. This is an interesting question. Thanks for the context. That will help in trying to work through this. @KevinD Do you have any insights to share on this topic? It seems like something you would be able to help with.

I also look forward to hearing from our community members. Has anyone else seen this and found a workaround or solution?

Best,
Ashley Bragg
SAP Concur - Community Manager

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MG @teriwatson @AshleyB 

Okay, so Invoice isn't my forte, however I do know some people. 🙂

Here is what I found out. See my responses in Red below. 

a. What we want to know is if these kind of invoices are processed by other companies and if so how / what did they do to? Not sure on this since I don't work with our Invoice customers very often. 

b. We understand that the import distributions cannot have expense code level information and hence there is no way that we can import a single file that contains the 16 expense codes and their distributions. Is this correct? This is correct. Apparently it is on our Roadmap for a future enhancement. I have no idea when it would be though. 

c. Extending on previous point b, is there an import that can be performed a little higher level, probably at invoice level, that way, the whole of the invoice --> the header, the individual lines items  and the ditributions against line items can be imported? Not at this time. 

I wish I had a more favorable answer for you. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
MG
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thanks Kevin.

I will wait to see if your colleagues have any other suggestions to go about resolving this issue.