cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve_Wooding
Occasional Member - Level 2

using personal card to pay expense when company card is refused

Hi All. I had to pay for a hotel with my own card when my Boeing CC was refused by the vendor. How do i expense this in Concur, what expense covers this as I am currently not able to get the claim to a point where I can submit this to my LM, thanks

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Steve_Wooding after you create your expense report, you can use the New Expense button to create what we call a CASH or Out of Pocket expense. Likely your company has an expense type called Hotel. Select Hotel from the Expense Type drop down and fill out all fields marked with Red. 

What do you mean by "I am currently not able to get the claim to a point where I can submit to my LM"? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

You may have the option to choose "Cash" as your payment type for this, but it depends on your specific company's configuration. Do you know who your Concur Administrator is? If not, I recommend asking your supervisor, Finance or IT and they can usually get you to the correct person/department. Expense Types are unique to each company, so if you do not see "Room Rate" or "Hotel", I would definitely recommend reaching out to the Concur Admin at your company.

Best,

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
Steve_Wooding

HI Jessica, thanks  for getting back, I will take this up with my local Administrator.  Appreciate the support, Steve

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Steve_Wooding after you create your expense report, you can use the New Expense button to create what we call a CASH or Out of Pocket expense. Likely your company has an expense type called Hotel. Select Hotel from the Expense Type drop down and fill out all fields marked with Red. 

What do you mean by "I am currently not able to get the claim to a point where I can submit to my LM"? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Steve_Wooding

Hi Kev, thanks for getting back, i tried to do this but for some reason it wouldn't allow me to, and kept asking me to accept that the funds should be taken from my account, which I obviously didn't want to do. The expense therefore had outstanding issues and it would not let me pass it on to my Line Manager without them being resolved. I took your advice and have found who the Focal is and will be contacting them tomorrow, Cheers Steve

Steve_Wooding

solution from focal

selected lodging and cash out of pocket (which I thought I had( and then explained in the comments. All good thanks for the support, Steve

@Steve_Wooding good to hear. By the way, my mom is a retired Boeing employee. She worked there 33 years, I believe it was. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey