cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
P2313471
Occasional Member - Level 1

"Entered Mileage is Greater than Google Mileage"

Need some advise and or assistance in bypassing this -- I've never encountered this in the years I've worked for the company - and no one seems to know how to bypass it either -- thanks in advance for your help

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@P2313471 It sounds like your company put a rule in place that doesn't allow you to enter a mileage amount greater than what the mileage calculator came up with. 

Are you getting a red exception for this expense now because of the change you entered to the calculated mileage? 

Also, why did you change the mileage amount from what the mileage calculator calculated? 

Lastly, does your company require that you use the Mileage Calculator? You will know if it is required if when you choose Personal Car Mileage as the expense type, the Mileage Calculator automatically opens. 

I'll await your reply to my questions which will better assist me in helping you. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
P2313471
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi there, 

I appreciate you reaching out --

Yes, the report on every line has a red explanation mark attached to it -- I've completed these reports now every month now for over 3 years -- and I've not seen anything like this -- I've tried to redo it as well and I come up with the same explanation mark-- I've reached out to my supervisor and to another supervisor and to no avail they don't know what to do 

I was advised to drop a mile in the mileage calculation by my supervisor-- that did not work either

I will check to see if I had put personal mileage down -- odd if I had 

Thanks I appreciate your assistance  -- on a side note -- there were several orginal entries that were deleted by my supervisor due to the stops being invalid --- meaning, the address was either not there due to the house being condemned,  or it was business or it was vacant lot -- I have to account for these stops as well -- but they were gone from my list due to management 

I hope this makes sense to you

Thanks again 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy Tablet

-------- Original message --------

Date: 12/3/20 10:24 AM (GMT-05:00)

To: "Clarno, Steve R" <Steve.Clarno@charter.com>

Subject: [EXTERNAL] KevinD mentioned you in SAP Concur Community

CAUTION: The e-mail below is from an external source. Please exercise caution before opening attachments, clicking links, or following guidance.

SAP Concur Community

Hello P2313471,

KevinD (SAP Concur Employee) mentioned you in a post! Join the conversation below:

Re: "Entered Mileage is Greater than Google Mileage"

@P2313471 It sounds like your company put a rule in place that doesn't allow you to enter a mileage amount greater than what the mileage calculator came up with. 

Are you getting a red exception for this expense now because of the change you entered to the calculated mileage? 

Also, why did you change the mileage amount from what the mileage calculator calculated? 

Lastly, does your company require that you use the Mileage Calculator? You will know if it is required if when you choose Personal Car Mileage as the expense type, the Mileage Calculator automatically opens. 

I'll await your reply to my questions which will better assist me in helping you. 

Sent by your SAP Concur Community Team.

To control which emails we send you, manage your Subscriptions & Notifications settings or unsubscribe.

Sonya
New Member - Level 1

I ran into this issue too, submitted my mileage for years and recently received the "Entered Mileage is Greater than Google Mileage" message

After trouble shooting and clicking "Deduct Round Trip" in the "Deducted Commute Distance" box, the message went away.

I'm guessing my company entered a rule to ensure we deduct our commute distance from mileage before submitting.

Hope that works.

Thanks.