Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nttexpense
Occasional Member - Level 1

Unable to attach request to expense report

It shows 

No Available Requests
When requests become available, they will be added to this list.

I do have a request that does fall within this period and the request is approved as well.
Please help.
6 REPLIES 6
nttexpense

Here's more info on what I found:

It looks like Concur Expense is *NOT* considering "Approved - Pending Booking" statuses for requests when showing it in the drop down list - seems like a bug!

It is only looking for "Approved" requests - however, this is a booking that was made by concur travel agent and the trip itinerary is also shown on concur.

Is there an option to fix this?

nttexpense

You can also duplicate this issue very easily.

Create a request and approve it so it has status as "Approved - pending booking"

Now go to expense, create a new expense and then click on the button in the new UI that says "Create from an approved request" - it will not show any requests and give an error - " No Available Requests. When requests become available, they will be added to this list."

Create New Report

Create From an Approved Request
Required field
Report Name*
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nttexpense and the booking for this trip has been done? I don't know how your site is configured, are you maybe supposed to create the request, then from the request that gets approved do your booking. That way the Request is tied to a travel booking. 

To me "Approved -- Pending Booking" doesn't sound fully approved. I read this as once the booking is done, the request will then be approved and available.

Again, without seeing your site configuration or seeing your profile, I can only speculate. I wasn't able to find your company's site as there are over 20 sites we have listed with NTT Data in the name. If you can provide me some other information so I can find your profile, that would be great. Maybe the login ID you use when you access SAP Concur, unless you use Single Sign on. Please send anything in a private message. Click my username (KevinD) then click the Message button. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
nttexpense

Kevin - I sent a private message, but did not get a response.

In any case, our support team was able to resolve it manually by updating the request to "Approved" from "Approved - pending booking"

As I mentioned earlier, this is a bug/feature problem with Concur, it does not allow for expenses to be associated with requests where the booking occurs via Concur call center even though the itinerary shows up in Concur! In my opinion, it should automatically show all requests that begin with "Approved".

For now I have to raise support tickets each time I create an expense to have them move the request manually from "Approved  - pending booking" to "Approved"  - not good!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nttexpense who is manually moving the request? Is the support ticket you are submitting going to SAP Concur or to your company's support desk? 

Remember, the system works based on how your company configures it, so I don't know if I would say it is a bug in SAP Concur, it could very well be something with the workflow that was set up. I would ask the person who approved your last request. If you open the Request with the 05/08/2022 date, you can see the Audit Trail. You will see the person's name you can ask about the process to see if there is a bug or how the approval process should be.

KevinD_0-1652306609535.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
nttexpense

Kevin - thank you, the audit trail helped see what was going on - don't understand though the first 2 rows, not clear which step is making it "Approved - pending booking"! The support ticket is going to the company  help desk. THey informed me that I have to do it for every request going forward - this is what made me think that it is either a bug or a feature request!

05/06/2022 10:34 AMHUSSAIN, NAZIMApproval Status ChangeStatus changed from Approved - Pending Booking to Approved
04/30/2022 9:50 PMSystem, ConcurApproval Status ChangeStatus changed from Pending Immigration Desk Approval to Auto Approved
04/30/2022 9:50 PMSystem, ConcurApproval Status ChangeStatus changed from Submitted & Pending Approval to Auto Approved
04/30/2022 9:50 PMSystem, ConcurApproval Status ChangeStatus changed from Submitted & Pending Approval to Auto Approved Comment: Skipping approval step since this approver has already approved the request.
04/30/2022 9:50 PMSrinivasan, SundarApproval Status ChangeStatus changed from Submitted & Pending Approval to Approved
04/27/2022 10:57 PMSystem, ConcurApproval Status ChangeStatus changed from Submitted & Pending Approval to Auto Approved
04/27/2022 10:57 PMSrinivas, KumarApproval Status ChangeStatus changed from Submitted to Submitted & Pending Approval
04/27/2022 10:57 PMSrinivas, KumarApproval Status ChangeStatus changed from Not Submitted to Submitted