cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rward2
Occasional Member - Level 3

Travel: Booking for a Guest/Customer

Hello,

Does anyone allow their employees to "Book for a Guest" or customer?

I have learned from our TMC that when we allow our employees to book Airfare for one of their customers or business guests, that in the event the Airfare is cancelled, it still belongs to the ticketed passenger not the profiled employee.

When COVID-19 hit and our CEO shut down travel (Early March) all of the existing trips that our employees already had booked for their customers had to be cancelled. The credit for those cancellations now belongs to the customer and not the profile traveler.

How does your company handle Airfare that was booked for a guest and then cancelled?

How does your TMC support the Unused Ticket credit of unprofiled guests?

I am curious to know how others handle this type of situation because we have considered not allowing employees to book for a guest in Concur, but rather call the airline direct to avoid being "stuck" with the credit under our TMC. These guests who our employees booked on behalf of now have a credit issued to them but it can only be utilized if our employee (profiled) calls and has the credit applied directly through our TMC.

How does your company handle "Booking for a guest" and what best practices can you share? Did your company address this in your Policy?

At the writing of our Policy, we had not yet "used" Concur. We have learned a lot as time has gone by and I appreciate your thoughts/experiences concerning this topic.

Thank You,

Rosalie

5 REPLIES 5
ChadM
SAP Concur, Former Employee

Hi Rosalie -

Great topic of discussion - looking forward to hearing what others in the Community can share!

Thanks,
Chad Minnick
SAP Concur - Community Manager

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
rward2
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi @ChadM ,

I am also looking forward to hear what others are doing and what best practices they have in place!

Thanks,

Rosalie

tstagliano
Routine Member - Level 2

We utilize the sponsored guest functionality so that anyone who books travel with the TMC (employee or guest) will have a profile to have these tickets reflected against that profile.

Thomas Stagliano, M.I.T.

Where is that sponsored guest functionality found?

@ALEXISESPEJO this might help you: https://www.concurtraining.com/customers/tech_pubs/Docs/_Current/SG_Exp/Exp_SG_Sponsored_Guest.pdf

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.